A Whole New World // Neverland

Rapunzel was flying through the air. She didn't see who grabbed her. She didn't have time to fight back. They put a cloth over her eyes and flew away. Actually flew away. She could feel the wind hitting her face, making it hard to breathe. 

The hand grasped around her wrist was cutting off her circulation. After some time, the air turned warm and damp. She could hear waves crashing beneath them. They were over the ocean. Was the thing holding her going to drop her? Kill her? She couldn't imagine what she had done to deserve it.

Suddenly, chatter entered her head. It sounded like chanting. Young boys chanting. They were ecstatic. Well, some of them were. There was an underlying feeling of uneasiness, a feeling of fear. 

"Where are we going?" She called. There was, of course, no answer. 

It began to slow down. The sound of waves grew closer and closer until she was dropped onto sand. It was better than water. 

"What is going on?" She said, lying in the sand for a moment. She hoped the nausea would pass and she could regain her strength. 

"We've been waiting for you," a sinister voice said. Suddenly, the cloth was removed and she struggled to get her bearings. She was on an island. It was dark, hot and muggy. The young boys she had heard chanting were now surrounding her as she looked around hopelessly for a way out. 

She got to her knees and slowly, shakily stood up. 

"Me?" She asked. 

A boy a bit taller than her with shaggy brown hair and striking green eyes emerged from the crowd of children. He looked into Rapunzel's eyes. 

"You're more beautiful than he led me to believe," he said. 

"Ew," she retorted.

"Rapunzel, right?" He asked, walking closer to her. He began to eye her tucked hair and she exhaled, understanding. 

"You want my magic?" She asked. The boy stopped and laughed. 

"You are astute, aren't you?" 

"And you know big words for being so wittle," she said in a baby voice. 

He moved to her side and whispered right in her ear. "I've lived three lifetimes, sweetheart. And I'll live a thousand more."

"So, then why do you need my magic?" She asked, turning her head so they were face to face, "if you're so powerful."

"Who said I was powerful?" He asked, a grin on his face. 

She smiled. "I'm 'astute,' remember?"

"Well, you're not going to be easy to whip into shape, huh?" He asked, his fingers tracing up her arm. She swiftly grabbed his hand, holding it firm in hers. She felt the boys grow defensive of what seemed to be their leader. They watched each other carefully. 

"Don't touch me," she sneered through her teeth. She felt the sparks flash in her eyes. The boy didn't even flinch and his smirk never left his face. 

"Fearless, I like it," he said, walking back to the group of boys. 

"Yeah, well when Rumplestiltskin is your teacher, you learn to not be afraid of anything...even him."

This piqued his interest. He turned back to her. "Rumplestiltskin? He was your teacher?" 

She nodded. "You didn't know that? I was assuming that's why he handed me over." 

The boy looked up at the sky. Rapunzel followed his gaze to see a black creature floating above them. He stared down with glowing yellow eyes, nodding his nonexistent head. Rapunzel pointed up.