Trust // The Underworld

Kyla could barely breathe. 

The whole moment went by in a flash. The only thing she was really aware of was Hook's face. He had been beaten badly. 

She expected to feel something: satisfied, worried, happy, anything.

Yet, she was numb. 

Hook was no longer a villain. He was not going to hurt her. She knew this to be true. Something in her screamed that she was in danger. 

She was frozen. 

The room was filled with concern for Hook, taking him to sit down on the couch in the living room. As they all filed into the room, Kyla and Rider remained in the hallway. 

"Do you want to go outside?" He whispered to her. But Kyla was listening to the conversation in the other room. 

Hook finally spoke. It was directed to Rumple. They spoke of Milah, Rumple's ex-wife and Hook's ex-lover. Also, Baelfire's mother. She helped them find Hook, but she died in the process. She was fed to the River of Lost Souls, which filled the bodies of water in the Underworld. If you're touched by the water, you join the lost souls. 

It's a fate worse than death. 

Kyla pocketed that information. 

Rumple had also found a boat to take them back to Storybrooke, however, in losing Milah to Hades, they also lost the boat. Regina argued that they didn't have a way out to begin with, so it wasn't an entire loss. 

Then, the plan was set. Regina was going to split Emma's heart and give the other half to Hook, hopefully allowing him passage to Storybrooke. 

Kyla took Rider's hand and they walked to the frame that outlined the living room. They stayed as far back as they could, but she wanted to watch it happened. 

She never let go of Rider's hand. 

Regina and Emma stood opposite of each other. As Regina went to take Emma's heart after her chest, a force magic blasted her hand backwards. 

She was unable to reach inside Emma's chest. 

"Interesting," Rumple muttered to himself, which made Kyla look over at him. 

He wasn't surprised that it wasn't working. 

Kyla was finally more alert to the situation. Something was very wrong. She could feel Emma's heart beating faster, almost as if it was trying to keep up with itself. She felt the same with Regina and Snow. 

"What is this?" Emma whispered. 

"I think I might know," Hook said, his voice still strained from the pain he was in. 

Kyla didn't mind it. 

"What? What is it?" Regina asked, her patience growing thin. 

"It might be better to just show you," he said, walking past Kyla and Rider to head for the door. For a moment, their gazes locked on each other. When he looked at her, Kyla felt an immense amount of sadness. She couldn't tell if it was his, or her own. 

He walked past her and every followed him...all the way to the cemetery. Where is grave was, three more were near it bearing the names: Emma Swan, Regina Mills and Snow White. 

"Hades told me to pick three names and chisel them onto the headstones," Hook said. "He said whoever I picked would remain in the Underworld. I refused."

Kyla felt like she was regaining her courage. The shock from seeing Hook had finally worn off. She was feeling stronger. She wasn't afraid anymore. 

She was angry.