Rider vs. Pan (Part One) // The Underworld

RIDER'S POV

"And Eugene!" Kyla called after him. "Be careful."

Rider nodded. "You too," he said, and he took off in the opposite direction. 

The idea of leaving Kyla alone with Hades wasn't ideal, however he knew she could handle herself. He wished that she knew he'd be able to handle himself, too. 

She swore that she did, but her actions never showed it. Kyla treated him like a vulnerable puppy, like he couldn't do anything for himself. 

How he wanted to stand up to this Peter Pan and protect Kyla. He wanted to show her what he was capable of. 

As he reached Emma's house, like he promised he would, he could feel a presence lurking behind him. He knew he should have kept walking. The house was protected. He would have been okay. Instead, he turned, staring down at what looked to be a young boy.

"You must be Flynn Rider," the boy said in a sinister tone. Rider nodded.

"You must be Peter Pan," he answered, unable to help the smirk that came to his face. 

"I see she's told you about me," Pan said. Rider began to slowly walk down the stairs, but not enough to get close to him. 

"Kyla? No, not so much. Your reputation precedes you," he said. "Manipulation, kidnapping...murder."

"Her name is Rapunzel," Pan said, the agitation in his voice growing. 

He noticed that Pan wasn't moving toward him. There was no intimidation tactic, he just stood there, almost as if he were biding his time. Rider took one step back, which made Pan smirk. 

"She can't save you now, can she?" Pan asked.

"Save me?" 

"It seems your little princess has left you all alone to fend for yourself in a world where magic roams free. A place where a ruffian such as yourself couldn't possibly survive on your own," he said, goading him. 

"I'm no ruffian," Rider said, keeping his voice strong. "And who said I have no magic?"

"Ah, yes, that wand of yours," Pan said, "but it's nowhere to be found, is it? No, it's back in Storybrooke."

Rider took another step back as calmly as he could. "How do you know about the wand?" 

Another step. He was almost at the top of the stairs when Pan answered. 

"Let's just say I have someone on the inside working for me."

Rider let out a slow breath. 

Gold. He meant Gold. 

Kyla's family was right inside the house. All he needed to do was yell and they could come to his aid with fireballs and the Savior's powers. As Rider reached the top step, his fears came true. He didn't have to turn around to know Gold was standing right behind him, his presence was enough. 

Slowly, he turned to face the Dark One, who had a sinister smirk on his face. 

"I'm sorry, Flynn Rider," Gold said. His tone did not match his expression. He did seem apologetic. Still, he motioned with his hand upward and they were engulfed in a red smoke. 

The next thing Rider knew, he was in the back of Gold's shop, tied to a chair. The ropes around his wrists were so tight, it was almost cutting off his circulation. 

Rider began to struggle. He kicked his feet in an attempt to move his hands just enough to break lose. He's been in worse binds than this, surely he could manage an escape. However, he looked up to see the Dark One standing over him.