Shift // The Underworld

With Hook's brother paying a visit, Kyla was able to keep her distance from the pirate. She sat with Regina, Robin and Rider, finally having a chance to talk about what they were planning to do. 

"Hades says he'll help me kill Pan, but he's lying," Kyla explained. 

"Clearly," Regina said as if it were obvious.

"No, what I mean is he understands how my powers work, and yet he's still lying to me."

"He's cocky," Rider said, "he figures he can outwit anyone."

"Kind of like another monster we know," Robin added, speaking of Rumple. 

Kyla looked down. "I don't know what I'm going to do about Rumple," she said, sadly. 

"Why did you send him away at the cemetery?" Regina asked. 

"We already spoke about Pan. He and I are on the same page about killing Pan. However, Hades is planning to make him think the only way to get home is to team up with his father."

"What is so important back home? Is Belle in danger?" Regina asked. 

Kyla couldn't tell her Rumple's secret. It wasn't hers to share. 

"I have no idea," she answered honestly, because she didn't. "What I do know is that his desperation to be with her is back and he'll do anything to get back to her."

"Love is weakness," Regina said robotically. 

"You know who might be able to help us with Pan," Rider said, his gaze looking behind Kyla toward the kitchen. 

He was looking at Hook. Kyla didn't need to turn around to confirm it. 

"No," she said. 

"You were the one that said he knows Pan and his tricks," Rider contested. 

"I don't trust him right now," Kyla said. Rider leaned in closer to her. 

"Maybe it's time you two talked?" He asked. Kyla shook her head. 

"There's nothing productive that could come out of talking right now."

"Well, maybe if you softened your gaze a bit," Regina said. "Every time you look at him, it's like you're shooting daggers."

"I know," Kyla said. "I can't help it."

"No, you can't," Robin said, taking Kyla's side. "And we don't expect you to. Maybe it's best for you two to stay away from each other for now."

"I couldn't agree more," Kyla said, thankful for someone having her back, though she knew Rider and Regina were making good points. 

Before they could say any more, Emma appeared in the doorway with her parents. 

"We need to find that storybook," she said. "We're going to the loft to start."

Kyla furrowed her brow as she looked at Emma. She saved Killian, but she wasn't happy. Fear would have made sense, what with not knowing if they would make it back to Storybrooke together, but what Emma felt wasn't fear. She was confused. She was doubtful. It seemed like she had given up.

Then Kyla looked behind her, watching as Liam looked past Killian as he was speaking. He was staring at Emma. She could feel the disapproval seeping from him. 

And, of course, something was off about him, too. He was hiding something. But, who wasn't?

"Alright then," Regina said, standing to her feet.

As they made their way out, Kyla noticed Killian stay close to his brother. It gave her a chance to speak with Emma. 

"Hey," she said, tapping Emma's shoulder. "You doing okay?"