Evil Returns // Storybrooke

There was a new plan in place, Regina was to go undercover with the villains to figure out their ploy. Clearly, if they wanted to resurrect Maleficent, they weren't in Storybrooke to find their happy ending. 

Emma felt off about the whole thing. She didn't like that she wasn't a part of the planning with Regina going undercover. She also felt that her parents were keeping something from her, but she tried to push it away as much as she could. 

Kyla struggled to tell Rider the truth about Maleficent. She knew, though, the best course of action was to keep him in the loop. 

She wouldn't lie to him. 

There was too much lying already going around. 

After a morning of following clues to find Regina, Snow and David found her near the sheriff's patrol car that they had set fire to. She was in. But it was only the beginning. 

Regina said they were planning something big, and that she wanted to meet covertly in the library to speak more of the plan. And she wanted Rider there. 

Kyla groaned, knowing that now she had to tell Rider the truth. 

They were sat at Granny's after Kyla made it apparent that he needed to leave work immediately. 

"What's going on with you?" He asked. "You've been jumpy since this morning." 

She couldn't meet his eyes. 

"I have to tell you something," she said. From the change in his posture, Kyla could tell that he already knew. "Ursula and Cruella resurrected Maleficent." 

She heard Rider suck in a breath. "She's here."

"She is," Kyla said. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." 

"How long have you known?" He asked. 

"Since last night," she said, truthfully. "That's why David invited me over." Then, she lowered her voice and leaned in to speak more securely. "Regina is with them right now." 

"What?" He asked, his voice plagued with shock. She shushed him. 

"She's working them. Trying to figure out what's going on. So far, it doesn't seem like you're on Maleficent's radar." 

"Really?" He asked dubiously. 

"Regina promised me that she'd keep you safe. Maleficent must know you're here and she hasn't made any mention of you. I don't think you're what she's after." 

"And you're so sure?" 

He was mad. He had every right to be. Kyla just wasn't used to it. 

"I am," she said. "You know I'd feel it." 

Rider was silent for a moment, realizing his sudden doubt in Kyla. He immediately regretted it, sighing. "I'm sorry." 

"No," she said, narrowing her eyes. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kept it from you." 

"For a day," he reminded her. "I've seen the people around here carry secrets from their loved ones to the hypothetical grave." Then he chuckled. They could find no reason to argue with each other. 

Was that was true love was?

Kyla hesitated. "There is more." 

He gave her a smile. "Of course there is."  

"Regina wants your mother's wand." 

Rider straightened. "No." 

"And I agree," Kyla said. "I trust Regina, but I don't trust those witches. Evil might be in Regina's name, but they exemplify it more than anyone. Except for Rumple," she said.