Goodbyes // Storybrooke

After finally defeating Zelena, a new evil was immediately thrust into the town. A Snow Queen, who had past connections to Emma, came to avenge the deaths of her sisters, by creating a new alliance of sisters, which included Emma and another Snow Queen named Elsa. Luckily, they were able to defeat the Queen, which helped Emma to deal with the severity of her powers, finally gaining control of them once and for all. After the death of the Snow Queen, it seemed as though everyone would live happily ever after.

That is, of course, except for Regina.

Before the Snow Queen came to Storybrooke, Emma and Hook had an adventure in the past when Zelena's time portal opened. Emma decided to save a woman who was meant to be executed by Regina. She wanted this woman to see how much Regina had changed, so she brought her back to the future as a way to give this woman a new life.

However, this seemingly random woman was in fact Robin Hood's wife.

Regina's world was shaken, causing the heroes to fear her turning evil once again. But, she didn't. Regina understood right and wrong. She had a family, she had Henry, and yes, she was upset and heartbroken, but she wasn't going to throw the last few years away because she was losing her true love.

Robin Hood told Regina that he chose her. Marian was his past, but he intended for Regina to be his future.

Then, Marian grew sick.

The Snow Queen cast a spell on her, causing her heart to freeze. The only sure way to save her was to get her out of Storybrooke into a land without magic.

But there was a new curse on the town line, once you left Storybrooke, you could never return. The town disappeared to those who stepped over the town line. 

It was a heavy time for Storybrooke, but it was only about to grow heavier. 

The Snow Queen was finally defeated by Emma with the help of Elsa and her sister Anna. And while all seemed right in their little town, something was still off. 

Kyla, walking with Rider, was going on about her powers. 

"What do you think it is?" He asked, completely engaged her in concerns. 

"I don't know. Maybe it's that the town line is still cursed? Or maybe it's Marian? Something is just not right." 

They were on their way to Granny's. Emma was helping Elsa, Anna, and Anna's fiance Kristoff, get back to their kingdom of Arendelle, but didn't know where to start. Kyla could hear bits of their conversation. Hook was with them, saying he found a solution. Something about a door in the mansion by the lake. As they approached the diner, she could hear his voice more clearly. He couldn't join them and was letting Emma go by herself. 

Rider could sense Kyla's urgency, so he opened the door for her and she rushed into Granny's, seeing Hook kiss Emma. He wouldn't take his eyes off of her. 

"See you around, love," he said, his voice almost strained. Then, as he began to walk away, he grabbed onto Emma's hand so tightly, it began to shake. He walked past Kyla, not even noticing her. She turned her head and figured out what it was. 

She couldn't sense any emotion from Hook. 

"Kyla?" Rider said as she stormed out the door, following Hook to the street.

"Hook!" She yelled after him, but he didn't stop or even acknowledge her presence. She took a deep breath. "Killian!" 

He stopped then, as if broken out of a trance. He turned his head slightly. It was like he was fighting something within himself. 

"What is going on with you?" She asked, catching up to him. He wouldn't look at her. 

"Go back in there, Kyla," he said, his voice low.