Move // Storybrooke

Snow was still struggling with Emma's anger toward her. It made Kyla want to be kinder to her sister, though it was hard. 

"He's going to be fine," David reminded Kyla. They had left Snow to make their way to Gold's manor. 

"You don't think I know that?" Kyla asked. 

"You don't seem to. Hey," he said, stopping her in her tracks. "We said we were sorry." 

"I heard you," she said. 

"We're dealing with enough with Emma. You're going to exile us, too?" 

"I'm not exiling you," she said, irritation rising. "I was the one that asked you for help!" 

They were standing in the middle of Main Street with no one around them. 

"I haven't been there for you," David said. 

"That's not what this is about," Kyla answered. 

"I know it is. I'm sorry."

"No, David," she said, surprising him. "That's not what this is about," she repeated. 

"Then what's wrong?" 

"I think my power is fading," she said, quietly this time.

"How?" 

"I don't know. Maybe everything with Rider has taken a lot out of me? But I feel...nothing." 

"You can't feel us?" He asked. 

"I feel your emotions. Not as much, but they're there. No, I don't feel anything. I'm not afraid. I'm not angry. I'm nothing." 

David was quiet for a moment. 

"You're not losing your powers," he said. 

"We don't know that," she answered. 

"You're hurting. That can make you feel numb." 

"It's not like that," she said. "I can put my circumstances aside."

"I'm not saying you can't, but listen, Kyla, you've never been through loss like this."

"I've had plenty of loss, thank you very much."

"Loss that you've needed to grieve? Or just the loss of yourself?" 

That hit a nerve. She stormed away, but David was able to keep up with her. 

"I didn't mean it like that," he said. 

"I know exactly what you mean. And you're right," she said. 

"Then why are you angry?" 

"I don't know! I can't control my emotions right now, okay? Let's get Rider so you can go back to Snow, please?" She begged him. He nodded and they continued their trek in silence.

The whole way to Gold's manor, Kyla couldn't help but think of her future - if she were to have one. A future outside of Storybrooke, maybe. It was possible to leave, even possible to come back. However, she didn't know if she'd want to. If something happened to Rider, she could see herself booking a one-way ticket out of Storybrooke, never to return. 

A new life. A redo, even. 

It didn't sound so bad.

As Kyla and David approached Gold's manor, David decided to break the silence. 

"You think it's unlocked?" David asked. 

Kyla shook her head, walked up to the door and kicked it in. It opened immediately.