Time Stops // Storybrooke

"The clock tower!" Kyla yelled to Rider as they ran down Main Street. Her powers were telling her the magical blast had come from the clock tower. She expected the heroes were already on their way there, feeling the blast as well. When they got there, however, they were alone. 

"Do you see that?" Rider asked as he ascended the stairs. There was a hole in the metal platform. Kyla stood underneath it, looking up and feeling the weight of magic hitting her. 

"Whatever did this was magical," Kyla said. "I can feel some of it lingering in the air." 

"It was the Olympian Crystal," Zelena's voice said behind them. Kyla turned, realizing she didn't hear the elevator at all. Her family was piling in when Kyla looked back up at Rider. "Some of it must have survived." 

"I can feel the aura of it," Regina said, walking past Kyla to go up the stairs to meet Rider. She held her hand over the railing. "He used it to cast a tethering spell."

"Rumple?" Kyla asked. 

"Yes," Regina answered. 

"What was Gold attaching the crystal to?" Emma asked. 

"Storybrooke's magic," Regina said. 

Kyla noticed Rider's gaze fall to something behind her. His eyes were wide. She then noticed the feeling of grief in Emma had dissipated completely. 

As soon as he stepped into the room, she could feel his presence. She could hear his heartbeat. 

Fearful of being let down, she didn't turn immediately. She wanted to ignore the hope that flushed through her. With just a turn of her head, she saw him standing next to David. 

Hook. He was alive. 

Her heart skipped a beat, trying to understand how it could have been possible. She turned fully, meeting his eyes, but he wasn't happy. He felt ashamed. He was still guilty for all he did. 

And for the first time since his death, Kyla wished he hadn't felt guilty. 

Kyla turned back around, allowing her heart to settle and focused on the problem at hand. 

"With that crystal he can harness all the town's magic for his own purpose," Zelena continued. 

Kyla shook her head. "He already has the power of all the Dark Ones," she said. 

"Why does he need more?" David asked. 

"To wake Belle," Emma said simply. "True love's kiss didn't work because she doesn't want to be with him."

"Aye," Hook said, his voice sending a shiver down her spine. "Once the Crocodile wakes Belle, do you think he'll stop there? Do you think he'll just turn the bloody crystal and all of its power over to us?"

"He's right," Kyla agreed. 

"Then let's go get that crystal," Emma said. 

As they filed out, Emma stayed back to tell Regina that she should stay behind. Understanding the argument that was about to happen, Kyla ran up the short stairs to stand in between the two. 

"I just want what's best for you," Emma said. Her tone was condescending. 

"No, you don't. When you're upset, we follow you to hell. But when I'm upset, I get a time out." 

"Regina," Kyla said. 

"What, you agree with her?" Regina asked. 

Kyla looked at Emma, who was hoping for backup, but instead, she shook her head.