Normally

Phil-

I don't know what I expected, it's not like I thought Dan would suddenly become a saint. I'm not quite that optimistic. I think I thought things would change though, but from what I can tell nothing has. That's what I get for being hopeful I suppose.

Dan and his group of overly testosterone filled friends were coming closer to me. I was standing by my car in the school parking lot and I didn't have enough time to get anywhere other than there.

"Lester." One of then called, mockingly.

I looked desperately at Dan, but he wasn't looking at me. He was staring across the parking lot, looking a bit too interested in the power cords strung across the lot.

One of them reaches me and kicks at my legs, instantly dropping me to the ground. Dan doesn't blink, doesn't move, doesn't flinch. So much for optimistic.

I smile. Not because anything is funny, but because everything is so unfunny.

"Something funny, Lester?" The guy who talked earlier asked. He kicked my stomach and I felt my mouth fill with blood.

They kicked and hit and laughed for I don't know how long. I kept looking to Dan, maybe a bit if me was hoping he'd jump in and stop them. At least he didn't contribute.

I guess I got boring after a while and they started to drift off. Eventually they were all gone and I felt my mind going black. I was losing reality, and everything was going fuzzy. But for just a moment I thought I felt the rocks digging into my back disappear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:

That was really short and I feel mean. I'm sorry. But I've got two more chapters planned out, I just have to write them. I'll get another up sometime soon. Maybe if you leave a comment *wink, wink* I'll upload faster. I know I'm begging, I'm disgusting.