Moving

Dan -

The empty flat around me mocks me. I can't afford it, but it's the cheapest one I can find. My job doesn't pay well enough, but it's not like there's another place that wants to hire a high school dropout/runaway.

I laugh at myself, mostly without humor. I left in my senior year. How stupid can you get? That was two years ago now, but it seems like forever. I still regret my years there, too. Tormenting Phil, following around the people I did because I was too scared of who I was. It's pretty pathetic, and I just wish I could apologize to everyone I ever hurt. But I can't. I'll never see any of them again. I'll never see Phil again, I have to keep reminding myself of that.

Phil -

The street is crowded and loud, the rain doing nothing to dampen the Christmas (shopping) spirit. I'm not out shopping for gifts that will promptly be forgotten, though. I just moved here an I have yet to find a flat. I can afford one, but not on my own. I don't know anyone here to share one with, so I've been staying with friends while I wait to find someone who needs a flat mate.

I duck into a doorway. It's covered in red and green streamers that are soaking wet and bleeding color onto the pavement. It's the store front to a little shop, selling games by the look of it. Stepping inside, worth surrounds me and I shiver, taking in the heat.

~~~~~~

Authors Note:

Told you I wasn't done. And it's short I know, but it's just a filler. More to come.