Goodbye

Phil-

When Dan had finally managed to wake himself up enough to drive us to the school, we pulled in to the parking lot to see my car was the only one left. I wondered what his friends had thought about his disappearance today, I doubt they jumped to the conclusion of what actually happened because I still couldn't quite believe it myself. Dan pulled up beside my lone car and neither of us move or spoke for a moment.

“Phil?” Dan asked, sounding small and defeated.

“Yeah?” I responded, attempting to sound nonchalant.

“What am I doing tomorrow?” he asked, although I didn't think it was a question for me so I kept quiet.

After quite a long silence I finally spoke up.

“Dan, I've forgiven you. That doesn't mean I will continue to forgive you.” I opened the car door and started to get out, but Dan grabbed my hand. I looked back at him surprised and he looked just as startled as I was. He was staring down at his hand like it had moved on it's own accord.

“Uhh..” he stammered, but then it was like he regained control and he took back his hand, turned to wheel and said simply “Bye, Lester.”

I turned and shut the door. When he pulled away I whispered under my breathe “Goodbye, Daniel.” and it really did feel like goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

This chapter was originally longer, but somehow the first time I wrote it it got deleted. So... yeah. I'm publishing two at the same time to make up for the extreme shortness, but I couldn't think of a way to lengthen this. Oh, by the way. I wrote this chapter listening to 'Chances' by Athlete. That song is so amazing /Ahh attack of Doctor Who feels/ and if you haven't listened to it you need to. Now.

I have another chapter all written and everything, but I'm debating whether I want to post it. I might try and write further to see if I can keep the story line going if I keep it the way it is now.