Dreams And Nightmares

Dan -

I lay awake and stared at the ceiling. I tried to sleep, but that wasn't happening with Phil in the same room. Every time I thought about the fact that Phil was asleep just a few feet from me, my heart sped up a little bit more. A scream interrupted my thoughts and I shot up. It was Phil.

Phil -

I woke up with a scream, trying to fight my way out of the dream world. I couldn't even remember what I had been dreaming about, the only thing I knew was that I felt terrified. This wasn't helped by the fact that I had no idea where I was. Everything felt weird; my clothes, the bedsheets, the light seeping in through the window.

“Phil?!” an alarmed voice said, and I instantly remembered the night before.

“I-I'm sorry, Dan” I said, stuttering.

Dan was already up and beside the bed, looking concerned.

“What happened, Phil?” he asked, his eyes wondering around as if they could find the cause of my scream.

“It was just a dream, Dan. Really. I'm so sorry I woke you.” I said, trying to calm him.

“It's okay, Phil. What was it about?” he asked, sitting beside me.

“I-I don't remember. I just freaked out. You can go back to sleep.” I said, still terrified, but not wanting to keep him awake.

“I wasn't asleep, anyway.” he sighed.

“Why?” I asked, trying to keep the topic off me and my freak out.

“Uhhh... Nothing. I mean, I just wasn't.” he says, stuttering the whole way through.

“Right..”

“Uhhh... anyway.” he glances around, obviously looking for some excuse to change the topic. His eyes find the clock. “It's almost morning, want food?”

I laugh and look at him. “It's one o'clock. Hardly morning, but what the hell. It's not like I'm gonna fall back asleep anytime soon.

Author's Note:

Also short, but you got two in one day so that kinda makes up for it. If you have any ideas, remember to comment!