Meeting

Phil -

Inside the store there aren't too many people despite the masses milling outside. I walk down the nearest isle of games and stare unseeingly at them. I try not to let myself worry about getting a flat, but it eats at my mind.

"You need help?" A dull, tired voice asks.

"N-" I start to say as I turn around to see the speaker. My mouth finishes the word, but no sound comes out.

Deep brown eyes stare at me, and suddenly they widen in surprise when he recognizes me.

"Phil?" He chokes out, looking scared and hopeful.

"Dan." I whisper, my lips curling into a smile. Without thinking, I throw my arms around him. He doesn't move a for a moment, seemingly in shock, but then he hugs me back and I feel him shudder.

I pull away to look at him and his eyes are cast down, his lips set in a line.

"Phil... I'm so sorry I don't know why I left, I just thought that it would be better that way. I was just going to cause trouble for you and it's not like I had any other reason to stay and I just wanted.. I just wanted to go. I'm so so sorry. " He said all in one breath, rushing through his words.

"Dan." I started, calm. "I forgive you. I mean, there's nothing to forgive. You invited me to come and I said no. It's okay." I was fighting to keep my voice even, but I didn't think I was going to manage it much longer.

The smile that I'd missed so much spreads across his face and this time he's the one to throw his arms around me.