Last Night

Dan -

I, thankfully, was the first to wake up. During the night I had moved from the far edge of the bed to the middle and intertwined my legs with Phil's.

I tried to untangle myself from him, twisting around in an effort not to move his legs. At one point, in this vain attempt, my face came very close to Phil's.

He chose this moment to wake up. His eyes flew open and he jumped, causing me in turn to jump.

He let out a shaky laugh and untangled himself, acting as if he hadn't woken up to me accidentally inches from his face.

Phil-

I hoped Dan couldn't see my hands. They were shaking pretty badly and my mind was racing. Of course, now I knew he was gay... But I can't think like that because he's Dan Howell. I can not like him like that, I just can't.

"School." I said, my voice a lot calmer than I felt.

"Right. That." He rolled off the bed and opened a drawer. He threw me a gray long sleeve shirt and some dark wash jeans while he pulled on a black jumper and took out a pair of dark jeans for himself.

He walked off, presumably to the bathroom and I was left in his room alone. I quickly changed and just sort of say on the bed for a while, not knowing what to do.

I heard the door open behind me and Dan sat down on the edge of the bed.

"About last night.." He started but I interrupted him.

"It's not something we have to talk about."

"Phil..."

"It's not something I want to talk about." I said, interrupting him again.

"Okay. Well... Uh. About what I said. I'm sorry... You might be.. Uncomfortable." He stammered.

I got up and walked to the door.

"Wouldn't that be hypocritical of me." I said over my shoulder.