Faded

Dan-

Watching them hurt him just got harder and harder the longer I watched and just as I thought I couldn't take just standing there anymore, they began to drift away from him. Phil's lip was cut and you could see bruises already developing on his visible skin. It looked as though there might be blood on the back of his head and I began to worry that he'd been hurt seriously when he didn't move. His eyes fluttered for moment and I let out the breath I didn't realize I'd been holding. Why did I suddenly care so much? It's not like anything had changed, he was still just the weird kid.

But even as I thought this I found myself creeping over to where he lay on the pavement. Some horrible whimper escaped his lips and I knew I couldn't just leave him there on the parking lot. As carefully as I could I picked him up and carried him toward my car.

Phil-

I was somewhere between awake and asleep. It felt something like floating. I could hear vague noises, but they all seemed very unimportant for some reason... A loud noise penetrated my mind fog. It sounded like a car door being slammed. I must be dreaming, I was on the pavement, wasn't I? I tried to open my eyes, but that quickly became too tiring and I slipped back into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:

I do realize my chapters are short, but they're going to be quite a lot of them so give me time. I've got one already written I will release soon. :)