Stuttering

Dan -

I stared after him, not quite believing I heard him right. Did he mean that... He was gay? That's the only thing he could have possibly meant, but still I can't make myself believe that is what he was implying.

I scrambled up off the bed and followed after him. He was standing in the kitchen looking around, presumably for something to eat.

"Uh.. More cereal?" I ask, nervous.

He grabs the box off the counter and nods. Pouring us both a bowl, he sits down at the breakfast bar. I join him, sitting as far away from him as possible.

"I don't bite, Dan." He laughs when he notices my discomfort.

"Uhh..right. It's just..what- what did you mean?" I eventually choke out.

"Hmm." He sighs, obviously teasing "I didn't think it was too hard to infer."

"Well.. I just..I mean.." I think I'm doing too much stuttering around Phil.

"I know what you mean, Dan." Phil said, sliding closer to me. At the same time I wanted to lean into him, I wanted to run away.

"Phil.. Are you gay?" I ask. Phil laughed, loudly. I turned bright red and tried to get up. Phil stopped laughing and grabbed for my arm. He pulled me back down into the chair and looked me in the eye.

"Sorry, Dan" Phil said, still looking like he was holding back a laugh.

"Are.. Are you gonna answer me, Phil?" I said, breaking eye contact and looking down.

"Dan, what do you think?" Phil asked, suddenly serious.

"Well, you said.. You said that.. You..." I stuttered, my words deteriorating. It used to be the other way around, he used to be the uncomfortable, stuttering one.

"I know what I said, Dan." Phil said, making fun of me. "What do you want to do about what I said?"

"What?" I asked.

"Well... I mean.. Uh" Finally, he was the one unsure of himself.

"I know what you mean, Phil." I say, a grin forming on my face.

I leaned in, my face inches from his. He's smiling now, too. I closed the last few inches between us and his soft lips met mine.

Authors Note:

Sick. I feel sick with all the fluff. Absolutely sickened.