Chapter 2

Grayson P.O.V
My assistant is the most infuriating employee I've ever hired. The only reason I keep her around is because I know for a fact that she won't sell some story to one of the many sleazy magazines for a bit of publicity. I pay her more than enough to keep her pretty little mouth shut.

She's infuriating because everyone loves her and for the life of me, I cannot understand why.

Every single fucking person who enters my office always has something disgustingly cute to say about her. It makes me physically gag.

Even the CFO of my company. Preston, my life long best friend. I brought him into my company as he's another person of whom I can trust... and everyone else I had previously hired quit because apparently I'm a 'challenging person to work with' whatever that mean, if they're pussies then just admit it, don't go pointing your finger at other innocent bystanders. It's unethical.

I'm a hard worker, always have been. You can't slack off if you want to be successful. So I work my ass of day and night to keep this company thriving. If anyone has an issue with that? They can leave. Simple as that. I don't want anyone but the best working here.

"Um Mr Black, Ms Anderson's here? She said you're expecting her." Miss Miller's annoyingly sultry voice flowed through the intercom. Bitch.

I cleared my throat before answering. I pressed the green button "yes, let her in." I few seconds the later, Genevieve Anderson sauntered into my office.

I've never seen this woman in any item of clothing that exudes comfort. It's always tight dresses, sky high heels and deep red lipstick.

Any man would find her attractive at first but once you look past the disguise, really she's just a stuck up and needy woman who thinks that she's better than everyone else but is still desperate for male validation. It's sad really.

"Grayson! Darling." She draws out every syllable in a voice faker than balloon breasts. I hope she's careful around sharp objects.

"Genevieve." I acknowledge curtly. She takes a seat in front of my desk, running her long acrylic nails along the glass, which makes the same sound as nails on a chalkboard, unpleasant.

Flicking through some papers on my desk, I quickly locate a magazine and toss it across my desk to her. As soon as she picks it up, her face whitens.

I clear my throat, her eyes bounce from me back to the magazine. "Originally, I was going to have you sign the contract today but after seeing you're plastered on the cover of this magazine, making out with multiple men? I'm afraid our agreement can no longer commence."

"I- please Grayson, we can still do this! I'll make it up to you!" I hold my hand up silencing her.

"No Genevieve, the agreement was that you would be my fake fiancé to convince the board that I'm mature enough to continue as CEO of MY company. Now, who's going to believe that we are madly in love when just the other night you had your tongue down multiple men's throats?"

She continues to attempt to change my mind. I sit there rolling my eyes, I don't have time for this. "Miss Miller?" I press the intercom "please call security to escort Miss Anderson out of the building."

She doesn't respond but I can hear her mumbling through the wall on the phone.

"You're calling security!?"

"Yes, I don't want you in my building."

"You know what! I'm glad I'm not going to be your fake fiancé! You're an uptight prick who's never even hear of the word fun! You can shove that offer and your money up your ass!"

Already bored I grab my phone scrolling through emails. This isn't my first rodeo, I've had many woman yell at me, some pissed that I didn't call them back, some upset that I was out with another woman the next night and some who are actually insane. They were always fun.

Security walks through my door. Genevieve looked at them and back to me "fuck you, I'm going to tell everyone about your little plan!"

"Mmm, I would advise against that. You signed a non disclosure agreement sweetheart, my lawyers will be on your ass if you so much as breathe a word about this."

She stomped her heel like a petulant child as security grabbed her arm and led her out.

Thank god I have my therapist on speed dial.

Now there's one problem, I no longer have a fake fiancé.