Chapter 28

Warning: mentions of rape, panic attacks and abuse

I stood there unable to move as camera men threw questions my way and continued with the flashing of there cameras. I was in shock and I knew it. But I couldn't move.

A hand pressed my back and I immediately knew who's touch it was. I would smack it away but I am so terrified that I let him do his thing.

He presses me into his side shielding me from the paps. I use my clutch to completely shield my face. He rushes us to his black Ferrari. I know, very subtle.

He opens the door for me and waits until I am inside he shuts the door and makes his way to the other side and gets in.

The paps follow us surrounding the car at all angles. Grayson honks the horn obnoxiously but they don't move. So he revs the engine and slowly moves forward. Finally they began to back away, as soon as he had a clear path he gunns it.

I half expected him to say something but he didn't thank god. He just kept focusing on the road. I look out the window and notice that we aren't heading in the direction of the apartment. Instead we are going in the opposite direction.

"Where are we going?" My voice came out as a whisper, I hate that I sound so weak right now. That's not who I am, I am no longer that weak little girl.

"You'll see, we can't go back to the apartment. Stanley texted me, the place is surrounded by paps."

"Oh." I could feel my breathing increasing. I am getting to the point of hyperventilating.

"Hey, hey. It's going to be fine." He grabbed my hand.

"Just take a deep breath in." I followed his instructions as he caressed my hand.

"And out." I released the air.

I did that while he held my hand until we parked outside a diner. He breathes along with me. The parking lot is practically deserted, except for a two cars.

He let go of my hand and looked at me "are you ok?" There was genuine concern etched in his voice. I gave him a small shakey smile "I'll be fine.. where are we?"

"We're in Brooklyn, this diner is where I use to come to when I needed some space. I thought we could get something to eat? Sober you up a little bit?"

I smiled "that sounds nice."

We got out of the car and walked in together hand in hand plus a little extra support to prevent me from falling over and breaking a neck. The place was almost deserted excepts for a few workers and a rowdy group of teenage boys. They looked our way when we entered, a few eyeing me which made me uncomfortable but Grayson was quick to throw a glare and they immediately looked away, delving back into whatever they were talking about.

We sat in a booth off to the corner, away from the group. Grayson must've sensed how uncomfortable I was.

We both looked over our menus and I order a cheeseburger and water. Grayson went with the same but he ordered us a pot of coffee.

We sat in silence for a little bit. Reminiscing over tonight's events. "I'm sorry." I spoke quietly. He looked at me "so am I. I shouldn't have cheated. Do you think we can put this behind us?"

I smile at him "yeah... but can I ask for one thing?"

"Anything."

"Please let me come back to work. I've been going absolutely crazy being at home all the time."

As soon as the words flew out of my mouth he frowned. I'm not religious but at that moment I was praying to god that he would let me.

Eventually he sighed "well I guess so."