Chapter 4

Olivia P.O.V

"Come again?"

Mr Black glared at me.

"Will you be my fiancé?"

I'd needed him to repeat himself to make sure I'd heard him correctly, apparently I had. He's got to be kidding, this has to be some sick joke he's been put up too.

"I would like to clarify, that you would be my fake fiancé." He quickly adds in as if that makes this situation any better.

Oh well, I may as well have a little fun with this.

"I'm not sure sir, maybe if you get down on one knee, possibly with some pink peonies and a orchestra playing, I'd consider it."

He didn't seem to appreciate my joke with the death glare he's sending my way. "This is a serious conversation Miss Miller."

I sit up a little straighter as soon as he spoke using his authoritative tone. Stupid body! "Fine, what do I get out of this?"

"You get to keep your job." He says, his face complete void of any emotion.

Are you serious? This asshole is holding my job over my head? I actually need this job, I was lucky to even have been hired. If I lose this job I have nothing, I'll end up working at a local McDonald's.

But letting him get away with this kind of blackmail isn't an option. He must be desperate if he wants me of all people to be his fake fiancé.

"I'll do it... only if I get something out of it."

He stayed silent for a moment before agreeing. I knew he was desperate, the man despises me and only keeps me on because I'm the only assistant he's had that hasn't quit within a day.

"What do you want?"

I thought for a moment. "I want a pay rise."

He nods his head "that can be done."

"I also want to be paid overtime for every event or whatever you have planned for me to attend."

"Fine."

"I also want you to start saying thank you and to stop treating me like shit 24/7."

That caught his attention. A moment ago he looked bored but now he looked either intrigued or pissed, maybe both?

"I may be harsh and expect you to work the hardest you can Miss Miller, but don't forget that this is a two way street. Don't think your excessive coffee orders haven't gone unnoticed. You've also bought yourself the most expensive top of the line stationary using my card along with designer shoes that I've seen you wear around the office. That is considered theft. Be grateful I haven't turned you into the authorities."

My face went beet red. Who knew he actually checked where his money went? He's so rich I didn't think he'd notice.

"Now are you done demanding things?"

I simply nod my head. "Great, I'll have my lawyer draft up a contract. We can go over it at my place, make sure to be there at eight tonight."

"Yes sir." I stand immediately and leave his office.

What on earth am I getting myself into.