Chapter 35

Rick, Marie and I unpack all my belongings. Marie's right, all my things don't exactly fit in my closet, so we have to put some of my clothing and shoes in Marie's.

Her closet, along with mine are jam packed with clothing, accessories and shoes.

We finish unpacking and say goodbye to Ricky. He kisses my cheek before leaving.

"I'm going to take a shower." I stand up, I feel disgusting after all the packing and hauling boxes left and right.

"Sure babe, I'll be here. I'll find us a movie to watch."

I retreat back to my bedroom and grab an oversized tee. Her guest bathrooms nice, of course it's nothing compared to Graysons. But I'm grateful all the same.

I wish I'd stop thinking about him. I reach in and turn the faucet on. I can't get his face out of my head when he saw me in the car. There was clear betrayal, hurt and anger. Did I do the right thing? I've always been one to run away from my problems. Why else would I have packed up my shit and moved across the country to New York?

I sigh rubbing the vanilla body-wash into my skin. All these thoughts adamantly refused to leave my mind. I felt guilty, so guilty. Maybe because this is the first time I've ran from someone I love, yes what I feel is love. Before I didn't have someone who I loved, even if he doesn't feel the same. I guess I do owe him some form of an explanation. He should at least know about the kid. I have no right to keep that from him. The anger I felt was clouding my judgement.

I hear knocking on the bathroom door. I turn off the shower and wrap a towel around myself. I open the door "hey babe. I was just wondering if you wanted me to order some Chinese?"

I think my face said it all, it scrunched up uncomfortably and I felt myself already getting nauseous at the thought. Marie laughed "I guess that's a definite no. How about I order us some Taco Bell?"

"No. Definitely not." I thought for a moment, thinking what sounds good.

"Oo! In and out. I want animal fries."

"Sounds good. I'll head out and get it. Get changed and get comfy, I'll be back in a few." She kissed my cheek and shut the bathroom door, allowing me some privacy.

Grayson P.O.V

She's gone. Why would she leave me like that? What did I do to hurt her so bad that she would sneak behind my back and move out.

I'd be lying if I didn't say it pissed me the fuck off. How could she be so goddamned childish?!

She didn't even talk to me just up and left. Now look where I am. I'm sitting alone on my couch nursing a now half empty bottle of bourbon in my apartment that's no longer clean, with my shirts all over the ground. A broken vase shattered in the corner. Picture frames she'd put up that had pictures of us from the first time she met my parents when she got blackout drunk and we slept in my childhood bed.

A selfie she took of the us sitting together in a booth at my favourite dingy diner. She'd insisted on the picture, saying she'd pour the scalding hot coffee on my head if I so much as refused her. I wouldn't put it past her to follow through, she got balls.

But then there was one of my favourites... it's her least favourite but I'd insisted we have it on the mantle. The Christmas party two years ago. Us together, me holding her close in a black suit with a Santa tie she'd bought me as a gag gift but still insisted I wear it to the party. I smirk, even then, when we despised each other she had me wrapped around her little finger. She wore a short gold dress, I remember she wasn't wearing panties that night. The picture was taken a couple minutes before she began rubbing herself against my leg. I was so turned on but she was so out of it. I refused to take advantage of that so instead I led her off the Dan floor and put her into a taxi where she began begging me to come home with her.