Chapter 22

I step out of Graysons, black Mercedes and look at his parents literal mansion. "Holy shit! Your parents place is huge."

He smiles placing his hand on my lower back. "Welcome to my childhood home."

My eyes widen, "you grew up here! Oh my god I am so going into your childhood room and looking for your porn magazines, I bet they're still there."

He glares at me "I bet the maids have already thrown them out. Now let's get inside before my mother yells at me for us being late."

We walk into the large home and are greeted by a woman who takes our coats... fancy.

Grayson led me outside to the patio where there were a lot of people. A middle aged woman with gorgeous brown wavy hair made her way towards us with the warmest smile I've ever seen. I'm assuming this is Graysons mother.

"Grayson!" She envelops him in a warm hug. She looks at me "you must be Olivia." She hugs me tight. "Grayson should've brought you home sooner!" I smile at her not really knowing what to say.

Someone seemed to have caught her attention across the room as she quickly excused herself. "I like your mom." I say as he hands me a glass of champagne. "She's pretty great. Both my parents are."

We walk around and Grayson introduces me to pretty much everyone. He eventually gets dragged off and I'm left by myself.

I spot Mason over at the bar. I make a beeline for him. When he sees me he stands up giving me a hug. "How's my favourite sister in law." His smiles big. "I would be better if I were at home stuffing my face while watching Netflix."

I wave the bartender over and order a vodka cranberry. He hands it to me and I throw the thing back in one large gulp. I tap my glass on the bench asking for another one. He gives me a sympathetic look, when I glare at him he's quick to turn away and make me my dam drink.

"Maybe you should slow down, if you continue drinking at the pace you are you're going to be completely wasted." I wouldn't be drinking so fast right now if I'd had time to mentally prepare myself for this evening. But no, I got thrown into it and with all these people that I don't know? I'm ready to jump off the roof of this mansion.

"Mind your own business." I sneer throwing back the rest of his drink. It burns the back of my throat but immediately I feel my body begin to relax. He stands muttering something and walks off.

I shrug my shoulders and watch him be swallowed up by the large crowd. After ordering two more shots
I take my new drink and decide to go exploring, maybe even find Graysons childhood room.

I ascend the large marble staircase, focusing on each individual step so I don't slip and crack my head open. Plus these heels are a bitch to walk in, luckily when drinking the pain you feel wearing them goes away. I learnt that trick a couple years back.

Grayson P.O.V

I stand outside with Peter. A lovely guy, I've always liked him. He's never had anything but the best intentions and has always had the most positive outlook on life, which I find rather refreshing.

He's been telling me all about his niece who's recently started school and how she's got a crush on one of her classmates. Quite sweet really. I don't normally care about family talk but recently I've been finding it tolerable. I'm sure I'm ill.

I see Mason practically running towards me, a deep frown on his face. I quickly excuse myself and meet him halfway. "What is it?"

"Your fiancé seems to be having a little too much fun with the open bar."

I groan internally, of course she is. She's been anxious all afternoon. I definitely should've attempted to calm her nerves instead of making a joke about it. I need to make sure she doesn't blow this up, we still have a long night ahead of us.

"Where is she?"

"I left her at the bar."

"You left her at the bar? Alone?" My angers rising but I try to keep it at bay.

"Well I could've very well tell somebody to keep an eye on her without it getting around that she's pretty much plastered."

"You're right. Let's go."

We slip through the crowd quickly ending any attempted conversations and see that she's gone. She isn't sitting at the bar. I frantically look around then she catches my eyes. The staircase. It's obvious the alcohols kicked in as her entire frames wobbling whenever she takes a step.

I turn to Mason "you go get some water and aspirin, we need to get her sobered up. We'll be in my room." He doesn't question me, just nods and disappears while I go deal with her.

I don't acknowledge anyone was I take up the stairs. My parents will most likely have a go at me later for not being polite but none of that matters when I'm trying to save my fake relationship from being exposed.

I gently touch Olivia's arm, making sure not to frighten her. She turns her head confused, once she sees me her confused expression morphed into one of complete joy. I can't lie, I felt a warmness go straight to my heart seeing her so happy.

"You ok?" I ask, checking her body to make sure she hasn't hurt herself while I've been preoccupied. "I'm feeling sooooo good. You know I've always wondered how this marble stays so cold I just want to lie on it you know?"

She begins to bend down, I'm sure ready to take a nap. I grab her arm pulling her back up. "You wanted to see my childhood room right? If you come with me right now and don't cause a scene I'll take you there."

She looks up at me her eyes wide like I'm Santa Claus and have granted her biggest wish "really?"

"Really, now come on."

She reluctantly allows me to take control and help her walk up the stairs.

It takes a little longer than I'd expected but soon enough we've made it up the stairs and down the hallway to my bedroom. I'd expected her to begin snooping but she flopped herself on my bed. Now I stand at the end of the bed listening to her soft snores.

"Hey I have the stuff you wanted- oh she's completely passed out. What are you going to tell mom and dad?" I take the glass of water and aspirin from him and place them on the bedside table.

"I'll tell them she hasn't been feeling well the past couple of days and it's just hit her tonight."

"Sounds good enough. They're going to be disappointed. They really went all out for this party."

I sigh "I shouldn't have thrown this on her so last minute. It's my fault that she's ended up like this. She's going to feel like shit tomorrow we should let her sleep." He silently agrees and we step out closing the door behind us.

Now for my parents...