Chapter 11

I entered the kitchen holding my pounding head. I could hear the asshole snickering. I held up one finger "don't." Then took the seat next to him and grabbed his cup of coffee chugging it down. "Hey!"

"This is your fault!" I accused

"Mine?!"

"Yes! If you hadn't given me so much wine I wouldn't have acted like such a fool and have woken with a pounding headache."

He rolled his eyes. "Ok blame me-"

"I do!" I butt in. Last night was the most embarrassing moment of my life... other than last years Christmas party.

In my defence I'd just broken up with my boyfriend and the stupid drinks were on the company... so a few mojitos later I was dry humping my boss in the middle of the dance floor.

I remember him placing me in a cab while I tried to kiss him. The man has surprisingly good restraint.

"Can we just forget about it? Please?" I'm begging, I never beg when I'm sober.

He sighed dramatically. "You want me to forget it like the Christmas party?"

"Oh my god let it go! It was a year ago!"

His smile grew wider. "I'm starting to think you secretly like me."

"Oh I like you? You were practically sober when you tucked me into bed and kissed me on the head." He scoffed

"I think that's all in your imagination."

"Yeah sure thing." I made sure to heavily lace my voice with sarcasm to clearly get my point across.

"So what's the plan for today?" I desperately need a change of subject.

"We're going shopping, so I suggest you get changed because the cars going to be here in 10 minutes."

"Fine." I groaned. Truthfully, I'm excited, I've always loved fashion. But even if I were on my deathbed, I'd never let Grayson know I was excited for something he came up with.

I walked up the stairs and changed into a cream oversized turtleneck sweater with wide legged jeans and white leather heeled boots

I came bounding down the stairs. Grayson looked up, he'd added a suit jacket and sunglasses while I was gone... Nope! Nope! He is not attractive. "Is the wicked witch of the west ready to go? I think I may have a broomstick around here somewhere."

"Really? Witch jokes? Go research some more material." He ignored me and placed a hand on my lower back, guiding me into the elevator.

We entered a luxury boutique, immediately I felt out of place in my second hand clothing. A tall, thin, blonde woman sauntered over to us and gave us each a glass of champagne, then walked away with an extra sway to her hips. She does have a nice ass.

Grayson led me further inside. A brunette middle aged woman rushed into the room pulling racks of colourful clothing. 

She came over and gave Grayson a kiss on the cheek. Then looked to me "you must be Olivia." I shook her hand. "Darling you are just gorgeous! We are going to have so much fun picking out pieces of clothing."

Grayson went to sit down on the plush cream couch. He immediately pulled out his phone while I was taken over to the clothes. "Pick out anything you like and we'll see how it looks."

I went through the racks of clothing, carefully picking out item after item. Everything was gorgeous, I'd tried to check the prices but there weren't any. Obviously each piece was worth more than I'd been paid weekly which made me nervous. I'm not rich and feel so out of place. But you know what they say? 'Fake it till you make it'

I stood in the changing room looking at myself in the mirror. I'd tried on a emerald green satin dress with beading curving up around the waistline. It has a high slit that showed off my long legs. It's beautiful.

I stepped outside the changing room. "What do you think?" Grayson looked up from his phone. He had to do a double take. "Wow-It's-you look gorgeous."

I twirled around living my fairytale dream. I actually hate myself.

"It'll be perfect for the gala that's in a couple weeks. Now you need to pick out a pair of shoes for the dress."

"Ok. Do we have any plans for tonight?"

"Yes, we're going out for dinner to get the media talking so make sure you also have an outfit planned for our first debut as a couple."

"Fine." I go back to the racks of clothing looking for the perfect outfit for tonight.