Chapter 13

1 week later

Grayson and I have made quite a few public appearances for the sake of our 'relationship' so we've gotten used to kissing one another.

Living together has allowed me to get used to him as we adjust to one another. I never expected us to somewhat get along? We still argue playfully but I don't despise him as much as I use to. I feel lighter not having to carry around all this hatred. But he's still a fuckhead and that's not going to change.

He still refuses to let me go to work and it's really getting on my nerves. I'm not one who can sit around at home and watch tv all day. For some? That's a dream. For me? It's boring.

I'm hands on. That's what made me so good at my job. I feel like I'm wasting away in this apartment. I'm currently lounging on the couch staring mindlessly at the tv.

I hear the elevator doors open and in walks Grayson I see him slightly stumble. Scrambling to sit upright, I glare at the man who's refusing to allow me to go back to work. He looks over and rolls his eyes. "What's crawled up your ass and died, square eyes?" I scoff at the nickname.

"The fact that I'm still not at work. I'm about ready to trade this arrangement for a full time job at McDonalds." Yes, I'm being dramatic to emphasise my annoyance. I would never trade my job for McDonalds. Not with the pay rise I've received. I love shopping and the extra disposable income I have is seriously feeding my shopping addiction.

That's also what I've been doing this past week. Feeding my shopping addiction. I've got enough money to spend on brand new designer handbags! Just today my white lady dior bag arrived. The moment I opened that package I swear I died and went to heaven.

Grayson takes a seat next next to me on the lavish couch. Having him sit so close confuses me. We aren't in the presence of anyone else. "Why are you sitting so close? There's this wonderful thing I have, it's called my personal bubble, and you have just broken my beautiful bubble."

"I can pop more than your bubble." He's moved so close that I can smell the whisky on his breath.

"I think I have some bubble wrap upstairs in one of my empty boxes. Would you like to roll around on it?"

He smirks leaning back, almost in some sort of daze. "You're a good kisser." He says out of the blue. He's clearly drunk. Oh how the tables have turned.

"Oh yeah? What else am I good at? Am I sexy?" He makes fun of my drunk moments. I'm sure as hell going to take advantage and get myself some good material to throw back in his face.

"Oh yeah. You're pretty sexy and you know what?"

"What?"

"I hated you. I really did. I wanted you to quit as my assistant. Everyone liked you and your weird personality. I didn't get it. Now? I feel like life would be so much more boring without your annoying ass self."

Well isn't that the sweetest backhanded compliment. He pauses and his head suddenly falls onto my lap. What the fuck has gotten into this guy? Is he an affectionate drunk? He sure is a talkative one.

He turns his head up to face me from my lap. Graysons pretty much lying on me. "Why don't you give daddy some sugar?" He puckers his lips and I can't help but let out a gut wrenching laugh.

Once I'm wiping the tears from my eyes his head is removed from my lap as he stares up at me like a confused puppy. "Grayson, what the hell is going on with you? Did something happen at the office?" He sighs and leans back into the couch.

"We lost a ten million dollar deal today." No wonder he drank.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It won't be the last deal you'll ever make. Every company has its obstacles. This is one of yours. You're already perceived as perfect to the world. You have great looks, a family and money. You've got to leave some for the rest of us." I add at the end chuckling a bit.

"You're sweet."

"I know. I'm going to be even sweeter and help you to bed." I stand and offer my hand to help him stand.
He grabs it but instead of standing I'm yanked down and fall on top of him.

"What the fuck?!" His arms tighten around my waist.

"I'll let you go once you kiss me."

"Why?" Surly this man is on acid or high.

"Because I want a kiss." I claw at his chest trying to escape but his grip tightens.

"You're a dick."

He smiled up at me. "I know."

Sighing I lean down and slowly press my lips against his own. I pull back "happy?"

Letting out a huff of breath his eyes open "I guess." He loosens his arms around me as I stand.

"Alright now get up so I can take you to bed." He waggles his eyebrows at me.

I smack his arm with a smile "not like that you perv."

Getting him up the stairs without to much trouble we made our way into his room. He seats himself down on the bed, I remove his shoes and socks. I unbutton his shirt and take it off. "My pants." He grumbles.

"Grayson. I don't know whether it'd be appropriate to take off your pants."

He scoffs "of course it's appropriate, you're my fiancé."

"Fake fiancé." I correct.

"Whatever. Sober Grayson already flaunts his shit. He won't care." Fair point.

"Fine but I'm only unbuttoning. You can take them off." Quickly I unbutton his pants and turn away so he can take off his pants.

I hear him struggle which makes me laugh a bit. "Are you under the covers?"

"Yes." I turn around and sure enough he's situated under his duvet.

I walk over to him "don't let one deal take a toll on you. You kick ass in the business world, it's their mistake for not going through." I lean down and kiss his forehead just like he did for me.

I proceed to walk out and turn off the light. Slowly I pull the door but leave a little crack. Once I hear his snoring I walk away.