Chapter 30

Work. My first day back in a while. I can't lie I'm nervous. Grayson had to give me a bit of a pep talk as soon as I woke up. He made me feel better saying that he'd recently been forced by Richard to hire Mason.

Since there's already a CFO, Preston. Masons been hired as his assistant. Which I found absolutely hilarious. Mason is the worst person for the job. He's messy, unorganised, never focused, pretty much he's the worst choice for an assistant there is.

At least I now have friends. Marie and Mason. Along with a fiancé. Before the arrangement I'd eat lunch at my desk, too scared to go to the cafeteria and be verbally degraded by Amber. But now I have two friends that I can sit with.

The office is somewhat like a high school. If you're not an executive you're actually reliving every high school nightmare you've ever had. Marie and Mason I'm sure will scare off any unwanted peoples comments.

I pull up my trusty black pencil skirt. I struggle a bit with the zipper. I really need to get back to the gym. Since I've not been working I've been lazing around. Whereas before I was running all over the city which was a great workout.

I sigh pulling on my black stilettos and heading downstairs with my purse. Graysons waiting for me as per usual. He's holding a coffee and a breakfast muffin. He hands them to me "I had them delivered since you wouldn't have time to make breakfast."

"Thanks." I kiss his cheek and we step onto the elevator. Normally he'd take his time to check emails on his phone but today he's got he's watching me intently "what?" I question, feeling a little uncomfortable under his gaze.

"Eat." That came out like an order.

I'm not a drill sergeant, I don't reply to him.

At least not until we step into the office. But I'm hungry so I don't bother with a reply. He smiles proudly as he watches me dig into my food.

Stanley drives us to work and I make sure to catch him up on all the details of Graysons arrest. He laughs and makes a few comments here and there. Stanley's the best. He doesn't know this but I've adopted him as my father.

We pull up outside the office. I go to get out and Grayson places a hand on my arm "after work, we're heading to town hall. I'm sorry to spring this on you but we have to get married."

Now that I wasn't expecting. I mean I expected it to happen but not so soon. "Um ok."

"I've got you a dress. My parents are going to be there. They think that we just couldn't wait. It took a bit of work but they're on board. Also Marie's going to be your maid of honour and Masons my best man."

Wow he'd really sorted everything. Except one thing. I look to Stanley "hey Stanley?"

Our eyes meet through the rare view mirror "yes Miss?"

"Can you walk me down the isle? You don't know this but I've sorta adopted you as my honorary father figure." He chuckles.

"It would be my pleasure but unfortunately after I take the two of you to work I'm heading out of town to go see my niece who's been diagnosed with cancer."

"Oh my god Stanley! Don't worry about it. Spend your time with her and make sure she's ok."

"Thank you." He offers a sad smile.

We get out of the car and walk inside. Grayson attempts to wrap his arms around my waist. I can't already feel everyone's stares. I slap his hand away "no PDA at work"

He frowns "I don't remember agreeing to that?"

"You didn't but I don't want us flaunting our relationship at work. It doesn't feel right and I don't need anymore people judging me." He sighs, telling me he's given in.