Chapter 5

I only had time to go home and change into a comfier but still cute outfit consisting of a black turtleneck with an oversized undone cream cardigan, worn out blue jeans and a pair of black leather loafers with gold detailing across the front, yes purchased via Mr Black's card. I'd thrown my hair up onto a loose ponytail and grabbed a white coach bag I'd found at a thrift store, it's got great bargains.

I'd been to Mr Black's apartment before to deliver his dry cleaning or grab some files. But every time I entered the huge building I got intimidated.

Everyone you past in the foyer are all obviously made of money. But me and my second hand coach purse are used to feeling out of place.

I got into the elevator and pressed the button labeled 'p' for penthouse and put in the code. Yes, my boss lives in the penthouse, he probably owns the building. I wouldn't be surprised, I also happen to know that he owns some of the most exclusive clubs in the area. I probably should've negotiated some vip access for after this arrangements over.

I waited while the elevator took me up to the top floor and listened to the elevator music.

When the doors opened, they led straight into the middle of his living room. His whole place is very open planned and modern. It looks more like a museum than a home, not a thing is out of place. Maybe I'll unleash some children with paint in here to add a little character.

Mr Black stood at the kitchen island staring intently at his computer. When he saw me enter he moved himself off the stool and came over to me.

"Mr Black." I greeted. He looked uncomfortable as he said "you should probably start calling me Grayson."

I keep my expression neutral. "Of course... Grayson." ew, that felt so weird

I followed him to the kitchen island and took a seat on one of the stools. He grabbed a large envelope and handed it to me.

I opened it. Of course it was the contract. So I began reading it over.

It stated everything I'd expected, that I'd have to attend all functions required, blah blah blah.

"Where do I sign?" I asked. He looked a little surprised that I'd agreed so easily. Truth is, I was just desperate, at this point as long as I'm getting paid good money I'll do just about anything although there's a little voice in my head that's screaming "you'll regret this"

He handed me some fancy pen that I'll slip in my pocket later. I signed my name just under where he'd previously signed.

"Ok, are we done?" I asked standing.

"No, we need to discuss what's expected of you, how you're to act, what you're going to do, say..." I sighed getting back on the stool.

"Would you like a drink?" Really? Mr Black has manners? I mean Grayson... that's going to take some getting used too.

"Just some wine will do thank you." He nods getting up and pouring me a glass.

I take it from him graciously. "First things first. We need to find a day where you can move your things in."

I spit my wine all over myself "huh?" He hands me napkin. "Well you're going to be living here obviously."

I snort "there was nothing obvious about it! I thought I would wear a ring and attend a few functions, not live with you!"

"Did you read the contract?" His voice still remains completely calm.

"I skimmed it."

He smirks "you would make a terrible lawyer." He hands me the contract again and points to what I've missed.

It states that if the board hasn't decided yet to keep Grayson on as CEO I'm going to have to marry him!

"Olivia Black has quite the ring to it don't you think?" There's an evil gleam in his eye. I throw the contract back at him "you're a real dick, you know that?"

He holds his hands up in defence "Don't fault me for your own stupidity, you should've paid closer attention."

"I'm not some business woman! I'm a personal assistant I feel the same way about a contract as the terms and conditions you accept when updating your phone."

He laughs, actually laughs. I get up and grab my purse but not before skulling the rest of my wine. He follows me as I storm straight to the elevator.

He grabs my arm "oh come on, it won't be all that bad. I'll even give you your own room."

"I have my own apartment, I don't need your stupid room."

"Olivia the bedroom you'll have is definitely twice the size of your entire apartment."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better? I like my apartment, thank you very much."

He sighs "I'm not trying to be rude. I know we both don't like each other but we need to do this and work together... I'll triple your pay."

That caught my attention. "Fine."

He holds out his hand and I shake it.

It's official, I'm his fiancé.