Chapter 42

Quick authors note! Thank you to everyone who comments and votes on my chapters! Also for overall supporting my story, it means so much to me <333

Sunday

We're driving to Graysons parents home for brunch. I'm wearing a back knit dress with a red neckline. It showed off my little bump. No need to hide it anymore. Since it's winter I've got on a pair of black pantyhose and much to Graysons dismay I am wearing black platform heels.

Only when I look like a whale will I exchange my heels for flats. At first he was persistent but once I threw my hairbrush at him he seemed to get a clue.

Now we're driving in his Audi R8 to his parents home. The last time I was there I got wasted and had water poured over my head... oh what memories.

Masons been somewhat avoiding Grayson the past week after we found out about him banging some chick in his office. I personally have gotten over it. Mason is my soulmate, in a friend way. He just gets me and I get him. It may have to do with our lack of maturity and love of food.

I slip my hand onto Graysons thigh, he placed his hand over mine. Neither of us speak, we stew in silence listening to the sound of the cars wheels against the gravel road.

Watching the trees turn into large mansions I know we're close. It doesn't take long until we pull up to his parents home.

He parks by the fountain and we both exit the car. I step out of the car and listen to the sound of my heels clicking against the concrete.

Graysons staring mindlessly at the running water of the fountain. Having a foundation in your driveway is serious rich people business.

I grab his hand, hanging loosely at his side. "Ready?"

He tossed me a reassuring smile "it'll be nice to see them not under false pretences."

"Great! Then let's get this shit over with."

Together, hand in hand, we walk to the large front door. Grayson presses the button to the doorbell. After a few moments I hear footsteps approaching the door.

An old man in a tux opens the door. "Ah! Mr Black." He greets with a warm hug.

"Nigel!"

The man, Nigel looks to me. "Ah this must be the wife! It's lovely to meet you my dear. I've heard many wonderful things." He looks at my stomach.

"I suppose a congratulations are in order." He pulls me into a hug, just like he did to Grayson.

"Thank you." I say pulling back.

"Well the Master and Misses are waiting outside on the balcony. Mister Mason has already arrived." Grayson gives a firm nod as we walk past Nigel and deeper into his childhood home.

We walk through the empty hallways. My heels click against the marble flooring as I'm completely intrigued by the paintings that are plastered all over the halls.

Grayson pulls back a glass door and we step outside into the warm hug of the sun. Seated at the table surrounded by breakfast foods, just as suspected are, Mason, Richard and Andrea. Just like my first time here.

Masons shovelling food in his mouth completely ignoring the tension that's so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Grayson places his hand on the small of my back, leading me towards the table. We both take our seats and look at Richard and Andrea.

No one's saying anything so I decide I may as well begin. "Ahem, so, how are the two of you?"

"We've been better." Richard answers.

The silence continues for another five minutes and. Thirty two seconds. How do I know? Because I counted! Actually counted each second!

I let out a frustrated sigh "ok, I can't do this anymore. Richard? Andrea too, I am so deeply sorry for how Grayson and I's relationship started and the reasoning behind it. It was cruel. But I've fell in love with him. So much it hurts. Yes it sounds cliche but I'm sure you two could understand that. I aspire to have a relationship such as the two of you and it seems I'm getting somewhere."

I glance over to Grayson who's smiling at me. Then I look back to his parents. Andrea who's been avoiding eye contact this entire time has finally looked away from her scrambled eggs.

She made a note to clear her throat before looking at the two of us and speaking. "Well I did know but I truly appreciate the apology. It wasn't nice to find out the way I did. I'd have preferred to hear this from the two of you. Overall I'm just happy that you two are happy."

My cheeks now officially hurt from smiling so much. "As long as my wife is happy I'm happy." Richard kissed Andreas forehead. She smiled up at him.

Andrea removed herself from his embrace to come to me and give me a motherly hug. "I'm glad you make him happy." She whispers into my ear.

"He's the best man I've ever met... well once he stopped being a total dick." We both share a laugh.

Grayson stands up, opening his arms to his mother. She glares at him and smacks the side of his head. "Even though I was nice to you when you were drowning your sorrows in alcohol do not think for one second that you are getting away with lying! I raised you better than some lying cheating scum! Argh! You are lucky you're not still a boy or you'd be in big trouble." As she spoke she jabbed her index finger into Graysons chest.

I'd expected him to say something, possibly defend himself but no, he stood there taking in his mothers rant. She finally stopped taking a deep breath and kissed his cheek as if she wasn't yelling curses at him a few moments ago.

We all sat back down. Everyone immediately dig into the food. Except Mason who sat back rubbing his stomach. He threw me a wink to which I rolled my eyes at. Finally everything's coming together. A baby on the way, a family and a loving soon to be ex husband who I'm never going to let go of.