Chapter 9

Olivia P.O.V
Did I 'lose' a few of Graysons shirts during the drive back to his penthouse? They may have flown out the window and to a homeless man who looked like he could use some expensive button ups. Grayson needs to repair his image. Donating to the poor is a good start.

Stanley didn't seem to mind once I explained to him that I'm also clearing Graysons Karma for him by donating some of his shirts, just without his knowledge.

"Thanks Stanley!" I called behind me while walking into Graysons building. I threw the rest of his shirts over my back so I could press the button to take the elevator up to his home.

The elevator doors opened and Grayson was nowhere to be seen. I placed his shirts over the back of the couch and headed down the hallway.

I found him on the phone in his home office. He looked bored by whoever was on the other line and gestured for me to have a seat.

"Listen here, I'm doing this as a favour, I don't need to take this deal, I get offered ones better than this everyday, you have until tomorrow to make your decision."

He hung up the phone and placed his gaze on me. "We need to talk about your job."

"My job?"

"Yes. While your playing my fiancé it wouldn't be appropriate for you to be my assistant."

"So your firing me?" I couldn't believe it. He insisted that I be his fiancé and then he has the audacity to fire me from being his assistant?!

"I'm not firing you." He clarifies. "I'm going to move you to a different position, a better one with more pay."

I crossed my arms "you don't think that people will see that as favouritism?"

"Who gives two shits."

"Me! I don't take anything I haven't earned Grayson." That's not completely true.

"Alright. Well for the time being I need you to stay here. You can use the gym, go swimming, whatever you like. Think of it as a paid vacation except for attending functions with me."

"Wow, I get a paid vacation at my boss/fiancé's penthouse. How kind." I made sure to lay the sarcasm in thick. I was rewarded with an exasperated sigh.

I stood up. "Fine, I'll play house wife. Can you just show me to my room please?"

Grayson stood up from behind his desk. "Of course."

We walked up the stairs and down a long hallway. We came to a stop in front of one of the many doors. "This is my room here and your room is just opposite."

I opened the door to my room somewhat excited. My boxes were already waiting to be unpacked. I'd expected I'd be put in a nice room but this is a on a whole other level.

The size of the walk in closets the size of my entire apartment alone. I have my own bathroom equipped with a rainfall shower and a spa bath. "I hope it's up to your standards." The deep voice says.

I exited the bathroom and jumped onto my king sized bed trying to hold back my excitement. "It'll do." Grayson gave me a smirk clearly knowing I was trying to downplay my emotions.

"We're eating at seven, meet me in the kitchen then. If you need me I'll be in my office." He left and closed the door behind him.

I began unpacking my clothes into the large closet. I thought that doing this whole scheme would be awful, turns out there are certain benefits. I guess I found some sort of silver lining.