Chapter 44

Two months later
(9 months pregnant)

Oh my god. My water broke. My water broke! I'm going to give birth! I'm going to have a baby! Wow this all feels so real. Poking my stomach I feel myself smirking "hey little one. I'm going to meet you very soon."

I ran down the stairs, slamming the door open to Graysons office so hard it may have left a dent in the wall. "GRAYSON! MY WATER BROKE!" I don't know why I yelled but I've seen women do it in movies so it just felt right.

Clearly Graysons feeling a little less calm than me as he shot up so fast from his desk that paperwork splayed all over the floor. I went to pick it up but he led me out of the room, running frantically around the apartment.

"I have to call Mason! Oh god where's your suitcase? What if she shoots out of you in the next five minutes! Shit, why is the room spinning?" I rush to his side holding him still.

"Woah there big guy. Everything's going to be fine." I run his back in soothing circles while he takes a few deep breaths.

"Alright. You go get my bag and call Stanley, I'll call Mason and get him to get your parents to the hospital." He gave a quick nod and sprinted up the stairs.

Fishing my phone out of my pocket I dialled Masons number. "Olivia?"

"Mason, my water broke. Grayson and I are heading to the hospital. Could you call your parents and get them to meet us there?"

"Ah yeah! Of course. I've got it sorted. I'll see you soon. Don't have my daughter without me!"

"Mason, she's not your-"

The call ended

"Asshole." I muttered heading over to the coat rack. I grabbed my wool coat and pulled it over my large stomach.

Not a moment later Grayson came running down the stairs carrying my suitcase. "Ok let's go!"

The man's more stressed than me. He doesn't even have his shoes on.

"Honey?"

He begins pushing me towards the elevator.

"Grayson!" I try again. This time he stops.

I turn around. "First. Shoes!" I snap my fingers at his feet. To which he looks down sheepishly.

"Go put them on. I'll get your coat." He drops the suitcase and places a kiss on my cheek.

"Thanks love."

"Anytime. Now get your ass moving, we're having a baby!"

He's off moving towards the stairs like a hurricane yet again. I thought I was supposed to be the crazy one... I still am the crazy one, so scratch that.

There's a sharp lasting pain in my stomach. Contractions. Fuck! Are we supposed to time these? They do in movies.

All my pregnancy knowledge comes from tv shows and movies. We probably should've been more prepared.

Maybe I should've read those pregnancy books Grayson bought. He's read them all so I guess it's just me who's unprepared. But in my defence I was way too busy allowing my body to grow our child. So really he's done the bare minimum! Maybe a little or a lot more than the bare minimum as he's currently taken time off work and is with me every second of the day and getting me anything I ask. He even slept on the floor without a pillow or blanket because I needed to spread out but didn't want to be alone.

"Okay! Okay! I'm here, I'm here with my shoes on and all!"

"Yeah, I think I had my first contraction but it wasn't too bad. Are we supposed to go into the hospital right away?"