Ch. 34 joy

Three years later 

I can't believe my boys will be 5 tomorrow I have been running around town like a mad woman. Gage and I are on speaking terms he comes to see the boys alot since he moved his pack back to the states and I manage to be elsewhere when he comes. But the boys birthday will be the first time we're in the same room together. Which is a good thing in a way but also risky. I feel safe though my best friend Hunter the bear shifter will be there he cares for the boys alot so he won't let anything ruin there night. There party theme is wilderness I have tents and picnic tables scattered in the woods. At night we will make hot dogs and s'mores by the camp fire. Me the boys and Hunter will stay over night. With the shopping done I head home. We still live with Gages parents but it's safer that way.

I put on a pair of jeans a black shirt and denim jacket . As I'm sliding on my boots Aurora enters the room are you sure you want to bring up the divorce papers today she asks. If I don't give them to him now I never will besides I'm going to give them to him after the party I say. She looks worried for a moment then pulls me in a hug "just don't be with him alone"she says. I won't mom I say promise me she says sternly. I promise now let go save dad from the boys.  They wore matching camouflage jumpers we watched as they chased there grandpa with nurf guns.  An hour later the  party was in full swing most of the town had come.  Hunter and Gages dad took the kids on a nature hike.  Allowing the grown ups a moment of peace. When they got back they ate  and played laser tag. The band played country music the boys favorite.  Hunter the boys and I all danced together. A be slow song came on and the boys pushed us together you to dance momma noland says. I glance up at hunter and say you don't have to . Nonsense he says pulling me close I melt into him and get lost in the music.  He is the complete opposite of Gage he's kind never yells at me corny and he loves my boys.  Speaking of Gage I notice he has arrived at the party and is starring at us. I pull away from hunter but he doesn't let go. Let him stare Noley I won't let him ruin this he says. Gage approaches  and my heart speeds up I smell my own fear wafting off me. Hunter places a reassuring hand on my shoulder.  You look beautiful Noley he says.  Dance with me Gage says. I give Hunter apologetic look and take Gage hand.