Ch 41 traps

Gage Pov 

when Susan arrived two weeks ago she was pissed to see the man she thought had murdered her daughter standing before her. she kept yelling how i would die and how she would kill me it was so fuc*ing pathetic. i would have left her alone to cool down in the cage but she had to bring up how she had helped Noley escape. it struck a nerve i had often wondered just how big a roll she played in the escape and to hear her say it was her plan all along was unforgivable. i sent three skulls in to have the way with her. and don't go easy on her i say before leaving her to be used in ways she never dreamed of in her darkest nightmares. i could hear her screams as i left the prison with a smile on my face. the next day when i showed up in front of her cage with the skulls i had left her with the day before Susan was more cooperative. i nodded for her daughter juliet to be brought down. her skin had healed better in some places than others but the evidence of abuse was still there courtesy of her new master. she was much thinner with dark circles under her eyes but what would seal the deal is the protruding belly. what mother could resist the cries of her abused pregnant child. the deal is simple she brings me Noley and she gets her daughter back. 

present day Noley pov

i use the half hour before training to catch up with Susan. Ironically she is divorcing her abusive husband too she met him shortly after joining Gages uncles pack. i am so proud that she was brave enough to leave. she got permission to join Gavin and Auroras pack to get away from him. i asked her for forgiveness since it was my behavior that caused gage to kill her daughter but in typical Susan fashion she said that there was nothing to forgive. it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Diedra leaned out from a curtain in the back of the room and beckoned me over to her. Susan and i hugged good by and we made plans to meet at the pack. i didnt tell her about me being part witch , since im just wrapping my head around it . i go behind the curtain candles are lit all around the room and Diedra has me join her in sitting on the floor in center of the room. she puts her hands together and closes her eyes and i copy her. Clear your mind Noley she says. i take a deep breath and try to follow her instruction. good now focus on finding your power once you find it i want you to wrap it around you like a blanket. i try to concentrate to find it but get frustrated. i cant do this i say out loud. i get up ready to leave before i make an even bigger fool out of myself. yes you can just focus noley she says. i sit back down close my eyes and try again i don't even know what im looking for i whisper. shh you will know it when you feel it Diedra says. then in the pit of my stomach its there and in my palms and then its all around me i pull at it all and its warm and comforting. wholly shit Diedra says i open my eyes and land on the floor with a thud. some of the magic lingers in my palm and i thrust it away it hits an old crate and blows it to pieces. wholly shit we say in unison. Diedra calls in some white and dark witches and has me do the whole thing again. the ladies are amazed at how much power i have. the want to test me to see how much power i have but Diedra is against it. they all want a chance to train me and i agree to have lessons from Diedras friends to i get there numbers and Diedra hands me a book of spells to read through for next class.

I tell hunter all about it he looks worried but tries to be supportive. hey how about i take you out tonight to celebrate he says as we pull up to the pack house. I would love that but i don't have anyone to watch the boys Alpha and Aurora have a meeting with the guards tonight. Susan over hears our conversation and volunteers to watch the boys so that hunter can take me out. i rush in the house to get dressed.