{Chapter 7}

{••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

3rd Pov

After seeing the great ideas muggles had for clothing, Arayna went to Muggle London with her mother a week after the Yule ball announcement for gown hunting, as well as accessories if necessary. Fortunately, Arayna was able to find the right outfit for the dance in no time.

Her friends, including Leo and John, were acting around her more than usual a week before the ball. Every time they spent time together with Oliver, they were all beaming from ear to ear. Oliver, on the other hand, was on another level; it's as if his confidence in liking Arayna shone through the entire week; he's been flirting with her left and right, and always willing to assist her with everything. Arayna was completely confused by that.

Dumbledore stated in the Great Hall three days before the ball which and whose couples would be representing each year. For the third year, he announced Lee Jordan and Alicia Spinnet. For the fourth year, Monica Dearan and Shawn Blake are chosen. For the fifth year, Arayna Lovegood and Oliver Wood received a lot of appreciation from their year and earlier years. For the sixth year, Mikayla Raine and Gavin Ashton have been chosen. For the seventh year, Clementine Flint and Kiyan Higgs are the pair. Dumbledore 'forgot' to mention an important part of the dance by the chosen couples though, that it was a competition. Best dance by the chosen couples wins 100 points to the house of the couple either if the couple is in different or the same house. This announcement sent the couples that were chosen into panics as some of them, doesn't even know how to dance. So each chosen couple that was chosen for the year, they were all pressured by their year mates on dancing, the dance may also have its own sparks, they may add their own dances. Luckily for the 5th years, their chosen couple didn't mind the pressure as they focused on one another and the dance.

The girls are currently preparing for the ball in their dorm. The three young ladies were assisting one another. Arayna did their make-up, Marline did their hair, and Karina finished off their outfits and shoes.

While it's likely that everyone in the castle knew Oliver and Arayna were going to the ball together, it made a few boys and girls who liked Arayna and Oliver unhappy.

During one of their Transfiguration classes, John asked Marline to be his date to the ball, and while McGonagall was thrilled for her students, it irritated her for being disrupted during the lecture. As John transformed a small rock into a paper bird that made a lot of noises and unfolded itself in front of Marline, John's voice came out, inviting her to the ball. To which she obviously replied with a yes.

Because Leo was the polar opposite of John and Oliver, he kept himself and his buddies to himself. Two days after John asked Marline to be his date, Leo asked Karina to be his date for the entire day with a mysterious letter. A random owl would always fly towards Karina, delivering a missing piece of a letter, so at the end of the day, she was able to piece together the ripped letter pieces and discover that it had been written by Leo, asking her to be his ball date. She quickly said yes to be his date.