{Chapter 16}

{•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}

Arayna's Pov

"What the bloody hell do you guys think you were doing?! Riding on a flying car? You guys could have sent Hedwig to mom and dad for help with the situation you guys were in yesterday." I rambled towards the two younger sheepish boys.

The next morning, I got a word from our head house, about what happened to Harry and Ron. So apparently the barrier on the train closed, and both of them got stuck on the station. Harry told me about Dobby's visit at home, that he can't go back to Hogwarts, which I told him to ignore it. But now it looks like, that Hogwarts doesn't even want Harry to go back, and I just wonder why.

And now, me, Marline and Karina are currently standing by the Gryffindor table. Along with Oliver, John and Leo.

"Sorry sis.. I didn't think about sending Hedwig at that time.. We were panicking."

I sigh, "Well, it is reasonable. But good luck explaining to mom and dad about what happened.." leaving him at the Gryffindor table with Marline and Karina at my sides. Only to hear him complaining at Ron.

After a while now, while waiting for our time tables. We chatted for a while, when I felt a burning gaze on me, quite literally a heated one. I looked up trying to find the culprit, which led my gaze to the teachers' table, landed on "Mr. Goldilocks", the new DADA professor. An absolute idiot. I simply looked away from Goldi. 

Which sadly he thinks of me liking him but nope, not ever. 

{xxx}

Me and the girls entered the DADA classroom, which was basically him? Full of his pictures. The door opens sadly a familiar face.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher... Me."

"What an absolute fool.." Marline muttered beside me.

"Gilderoy Lockhart. Order of Merlin, Third Class. Honorary member of the Dark Force Defense League and five times winner... Of 'Witch Weekly's Most Charming-Smile Award- But I don't talk about that, I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at I" He chuckles, then stops seeing as no one really laughed at it.

Soon he passed a test? Which we know nothing about, seeing as it's most likely written all about him, and nothing, not even a single question related to DADA.

He sighs, "Hardly any of you remember that my favorite color is lilac. But Miss Katelyn Brown, knew that my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil, and market my own range of hair care potions. Good girl."

He winks at her, which again set off Marline to lightly pretended to gag beside me.

He then looks back at the test and sighed heavily, "Now this test.. Was the most dreadful of all. They didn't write their names but their initials, A.N.L. They knew nothing at all! I mean hear this one out," He scoffed, "The question here is, 'What do you think is Gilderoy Lockhart's greatest achievement?' and they answered, 'Somehow becoming a teacher, because it seems like he did surprisingly.' Absolute bollocks!"

 Everyone laughed silently, I can see from the corner of my eye, Oliver snickering with John and Leo, but knowing who exactly it is. Looked directly at me and smirked. While Marline and Karina whispering beside me, 'Nice one', 'He deserves it'

Class with him, went straight down the toilet. He was useless. Cornish pixies? They've been taught to us in 2nd year. He didn't even told us how to get them back to the cage, but luckily we all knew the spell and casted it. Unlike someone who practically ran out of class, because of their precious hair being picked on by the pixies.

{xxx}

Soon then the news about the Chamber of Secrets has been opened. It's night now, and me and girls have been talking in our dorm.

"So the Chamber of Secrets is open.. but why now? Of all years, why now?" I paced back and forth.

"Ara, I'm sure the professors would know something and will do something soon... Hopefully." Karina stated, muttering in the end.

"No. It's just that during Harry's first year he told me all about what happened, about Voldemort. I know there's no possible way he's coming back because he's been defeated when Harry was little."

"I'm sensing a but." Marline interjected.

I nodded, "But he's only been defeated, and not physically dead. All of these trouble started when Harry got to Hogwarts, and why? Because he can learn magic and where did Voldemort learn and develop his? Here at Hogwarts. He keeps coming back.. It's like he trying to regain something.."

Karina interjected, "Or someone."

Silence fell, then realization went through us three, "Harry"

"Harry won't have a peaceful year here at Hogwarts, when Voldemort is still alive. Like what people said, no body was found or any magical traces. They just concluded that he's dead. But we know better that he's not. There must be a spell or curse that keeps him coming back to life. If the killing curse fired-back from Harry to him, we're missing something there." I continued.

"Harry told you that he remembered clearly, from what happened that night. Harry won't be able to do any magic as he was only a baby. It can't be accidental because he's too young to even produce magic, even a powerful magic that kept him alive." Karina stated thoughtfully.

Marline nodded, "Then it must be from Lily, Harry's mother. She must have done something that kept Harry alive."

I nibbled my lip in thought and sat down on my bed, "There is no spell that can keep you from the Killing Curse. But maybe something from Ancient Magic, that was lost long time ago."

"Ok, I think research is what we all need to do. I know my father kept all the dark books in the hidden part of our library, from his family. They are very dark and extremely old too. I think I'll be able to find a few books about how Voldemort is still alive and how he did it." Marline stated.

I continued, "We have ancient books at home. Marline and I need to find an excuse to go home and get the books. I'll be finding out about what Lily did."

Karina sighed, "I'll have to research about the Chamber of Secrets. Probably from the Founder's era. I know that it has to do with Salazar Slytherin, but I'll need more info."

And that was it. We decided not to tell the boys, unless we needed to do so.

Oh.. What we didn't know. Is how much deeper this actually was. 

{••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••}