Chapter 4 Welcoming Party

"Bye munchkins!" Jordan waved, smiling at her siblings as Jonathan stepped out of the car after them. She grabbed his arm, forcing him to look at her.

"I have pain pills. I am fine. Stop coddling me" He huffed, taking his arm from hers and closing the door.

At least he still has his charmer, she sarcastically thought.

Jordan drove them today after what Jonathan told her. She didn't feel safe with them walking knowing the same men could be watching, and this time attack them all and not just Jonathan. She sat back in her chair, watching them walk away towards the school. She was more grateful than ever that it was a Pre-K- high school and not two separate schools.

Today she even called her parents, still straight voicemail, no word from them either. She began to wonder if something happened to them. If they were okay. The same thoughts she had when she thought about Kyle.

-

Jordan stepped into the house, walking upstairs when she halted and walked backwards seeing Jasmine and Marcos, her ex-boyfriend, sitting on the couch, head into their phone as if they didn't hear the door open. Knowing Jasmine, she definitely didn't. Marcos though, usually were alert on things.

They're relationship ended two years ago.

She was just beginning to accept Kyle's leave and she and Marcos were good friends. He had told her he wanted to be more but at the time she didn't want a relationship until she gave in. The only problem was they had different goals, so they ended the relationship on good terms, still close friends though he's made it known on multiple accounts he wanted to try again.

"I swear I'm taking the keys from both of you" She giggled, rolling her eyes and jumping on the couch where Marcos was. Instantly he pulled her back against his chest making her laugh. He threw his phone down, his arms circling her.

"Well, you're the one who said we're welcome anytime, any day. As we please" He grinned, brushing her hair back and Jasmine looked up from her phone to see this soft affection. It caused her to throw a pillow at the two.

"Take that upstairs!" She teased and slid her phone in her pocket. She laid down on the couch, flat against her stomach with her elbows propping her arms up, her face in his hands.

"So, Marcos, how is college life?" She asked.

"I haven't moved in yet. I'm currently moving now. I was hesitant since this one here didn't want to come" He poked Jordan's stomach making her smile.

"I told you both maybe in another year or two. Besides, I'm not going anywhere if I wanted to. My parents are MIA and I have to watch my siblings" She shrugged, playing with Marcos fingers and he tried pulling them away, but she held a deathly grip on them.

"Don't you have an uncle a few miles from here? Dump them on him. I'm sure he won't mind" Jasmine suggested with a shrug and Jordan denied it. Her Uncle was just as old as her parents and didn't need the extra stress of 2 energetic children and 1 disrespectful teenager.

Kyle stood with his arms folded, his nose flared, and his eyes narrowed like a predator at his brother who was throwing a shirt on, getting dressed for the party. He was furious he couldn't go, not that he cared for parties, but he couldn't meet his mystery woman.

"Brother. I swear to you. You have nothing to worry about" he said, attempting to convince Diante.

Diante turned around, folding his arms.

"You're telling me you gained control in just a few hours?" He questioned, of course, showing in his tone how he greatly doubted it.

Kyle stood straight, seemingly taller. "Yes" he said, lying. Of course, he didn't, but he had to have some sliver of confidence.