Chapter 33 Alliance with the Alpha

Jordan closed her eyes, her nose wrinkling up, her face tightening into a wince as the needle slid through the barrier of her skin.

She pushed it in, the contents inside the tube flowing inside her body, soon to make contact with the blood. Taking it out, she sighed with relief.

She despised needles, hated shots but Diante had given her a serum that could help her heal or at least gain some strength in her right arm and she wanted to trial it, get practice before she would soon be thrown in the inescapable battle in which two Alphas wanted her boyfriend dead.

She stared at the greenish liquid. Herbs, he had said. The only herb she knew of was marijuana, but he wouldn't have given it to her if he didn't deem it safe, so she trusted it.

Still the tube was filled, though 2 mil were now gone, in her arm. It mustn't have been a very lengthy effect otherwise he wouldn't have filled three syringes with the substance. It was temporary, but it was enough.

She settled the syringe back in its box, closing it and closed her eyes once more.

Kyle, still laid in the house, upstairs, immobile. She thought he would have woken up by now after she cried to him, on him, for him. However, he was more stubborn than anything, something she also was.

Her eyes lowered, opening to stare at her arm. The cast felt like it was expanding, getting looser on her arm. Her arm itself felt tingly, weightless. The cast is not squeezing her as tight anymore.

She moved over to the bench where her archery items laid and lifted her arrow in her left arm.

"Please let this work" She whispered, and she shifted it to her right arm. She gripped it with her hand and miraculously, she was able to hold it perfectly without pain.

Her cast made it difficult, but she didn't want to take it off so soon.

Closing the door to the house, she pulled the ladder up to a tree.

Somehow, everything felt even more real. Weirdly it should have felt surreal, fictive that werewolves existed, that they were mated with one, but it didn't. It seemed her life made much more sense, given she didn't know how or why it did, yet still she felt it in her body that something felt right.

Before Kyle came back in her life, everything was real, seemed real, but it seemed like a normal kind of life and that's what it was. Normal. Teenager going to work and maybe or maybe not taking care of her siblings. It was just a hardship of being a person, a human.

Though now it seemed like she was thrown into a fantasy book except it wasn't a fantasy. It wasn't her fantasy either, one she wouldn't have dreamed up. She didn't understand why she was so calm knowing that Kyle and his friends not to mention his brother were all werewolves. That they turned into big furry different color wolves with large canines and claws that had a temper that ranged from only 0 to 100.

They either were calm, 0, agitated, frustrated, 50 and downright murderous, 100.

They made real wolves look like lunch, like prey. They made them look like puppies.

Clearing her throat, she relaxed her arm and pulled the arrow back, hearing the sound of the elastic being stretched.

Then her fingers released and allowed the arrow to soar through the air. Unfortunately, it hadn't hit the bull's-eye. Unlike before, she didn't stress herself for not hitting the bull's eye. She knew that one of her arms weren't as strong and she knew there were so many things rummaging through her head that it affected her skill.

Composed, she only grabbed another arrow and arranged it on her bow habitually. Even not participating in archery for years, it was burned in her mind of how she held it, gripped it, prepared it once before.