Chapter 17 - The Alpha's Wrath

Smelling the freshness of the sun, Kyle smiled. A new day, a new beautiful day. He sighed with a smile. Then it grew into a frown as he remembered yesterday. A beautiful day started, before it went south.

His arms felt crowded, weirdly heavy. His eyes opened and he saw the beautiful, closed eyes of the one he desired most. Her eyes would captivate him if they were open. Her lashes were long, black and fluttering repeatedly.

Her cheeks were red, maybe a little swollen but still she was a sleeping angel in his eyes.

His eyes traveled down to the large white shirt she wore. He knew who it was of course. He knew her honey scent anywhere.

Jordan.

Her breathing was soft, almost uneven as if she cried herself to sleep and seemed to never stop. He knew what it felt like to fall asleep crying and wake up, still crying.

His eyes only continued to drift as they found her bare thighs, long glowing legs. One thrown over his body, the shirt lifted up a bit and he could see her black underwear and he pulled the blanket up over her some more. She shifted, her other leg intertwined between his, brushing against his. It sent small tingles through him.

He figured out why his arm felt heavy, it was underneath her, his other thrown over her. She shifted and he smiled, her face only cuddling closer to his chest that was bare. Her arms were pulled in and he laid his head down on the pillow thinking.

Wondering how she got there. How did she get in his bed and how did they end like this?

He closed his eyes as everything began to make sense.

His lips touched her cheek once more, her body trembling in his arms and he hated it. It wasn't something she could control though.

"It's okay" He repeated over and over to her in a whisper. Telling her that she was okay as well. He worried that his smell from laying in dirt would bother her, but she didn't care. Not something she focused on. Only wanting to be comforted and feel safe.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" He'd asked, raising her hand and kissing her knuckles that were once covered with blood until he helped her wash it off.

She shook her head, sniffling.

"I can't sleep alone" She wiped the tears that fell.

"Can I spend the night?" She'd asked and he nodded, staring at her. He helped her up and Diante gave him his keys.

The drive was silent, in their thoughts. He wasn't sure if she was okay, he wasn't sure if she ever saw something like it before. That small thought angered him because it made him see how much he wasn't there for her.

When they were home, inside his room she didn't say anything as he took her shoes off but afterwards, she spoke. "I - shower?" She questioned and he nodded.

He'd given her his shirt and she stayed in the shower for long. He didn't hear her cry. He knew she needed to be alone. He had thrown her shirt away because it was filled with blood stains, and he didn't want her to remember the day.

When she came out, she only got in the bed, under the blankets close to him. Her hands were on his chest and she'd said. "Hold me"

It was hard. She was so close. He didn't want to hold her but even knowing this he had to. Once his arms were around her, she cried. He held her tighter and caressed her back. He focused on her warmth against his bare chest. It was shaky, but it kept him calm. He focused on her hand that traveled up his neck, not knowing where to go to grip him harder.