Chapter 28 And so he fell...

Kyle stared at Jordan who was sleeping, unfortunately not peacefully as she was still shivering, her lips began to turn purple.

"A challenge?" He questioned after a long pause of silence between the two. He tore his gaze from Jordan, wanting to watch her as if he were protecting her with his eyes, to face the Alpha with his arms folded across his chest.

"You want me to fight?" He questioned, confused.

"Are you afraid?" The Alpha questioned, weirdly there was no hint of cockiness hidden in his voice.

Kyle however scoffed at the question. He could never be afraid of him. No, he was confident the Alpha should fear him instead. "No. I do not understand." He responded.

The Alpha simply nodded. "Somehow, for some unusual reason your wolf is more skillful than he should be. Strong enough to kill a second born Alpha. Highly unique but a great opportunity to gain power"

Of course, power, Kyle internally scoffed.

If a challenge he wanted, he shall receive.

" I suppose you want to kill me for this power." Kyle had caught on to the plan of course. Laurent had Jordan for a reason. Not just as bait. Kyle knew the rules of snatching power from another wolf.

An Alpha could only snatch a wolf's power through a challenge. However, they were limited to only their pack members due to nature's law regarding how much power one should have. An Alpha already had power over his pack. As for other wolves, they could take any strength and power from any wolf they wanted. Many didn't try. Omegas couldn't dare win a challenge with gammas or Betas.

If a gamma or Beta won, there was no power to gain.

Which brought Kyle to realize only Gammas and Betas could truly gain power from another.

Gammas and Betas both carried a great amount of strength that a Beta could take a Gammas and vice versa.

They both could snatch from an Alpha, given if they tried.

However, Kyle was technically a rogue, no pack member. If he had become one, he would simply be an Omega, but he didn't have the strength as one.

He could take the power of an Alpha, Gamma, and Beta.

Alpha didn't issue a challenge with Kyle which only led to a Beta and Gamma. But he knew this Alpha and now he knew what he wanted. To break him and a Gamma could not. Only one thing he was now sure of.

Laurent wanted to force him to challenge his Beta. Kyle's brother.

Diante.

"I know you. I know what you think. Laurent" Kyle snarled and this time Laurent folded his arms. Even the action showed he wanted to explain, Kyle saw the sly sparkle in his eyes. He had known.

"If you think one second, I'll ever challenge my brother, you have greatly misjudged me"

Alpha Laurent sighed. "Then you leave me no choice"

He took a few small steps towards Kyle, but he had not backed down, only stared him in the eyes bravely.

"I challenge you Kyle Colton"

Kyle could not hide the shock in his eyes. He wanted to challenge him. He had to have known Kyle would never join his pack, didn't he?

"I gambled you wanted to live Kyle. You're stronger than your brother. Kill him and live. Live to love your mate. Look at her Kyle"

Kyle's breath shook as he did. It still hurts.

Her arm was huge and swollen, her nose red and her cheeks glistened with the wetness of her tears. She cried in her sleep. All because of a bone infection.