Chapter 6 Emotional Trigger

Kyle sat across the table from Jordan, stares of anger and happiness but mostly sadness. The heart broken look that did what it was meant to, break his heart.

He turned away from them, he couldn't meet her eyes. He wouldn't. He knew they were still red and watery for what he had done.

He stared at the table, focusing on the marbled texture.

Jordan stared at him. As if he were interesting. She didn't know who this person was. Who he truly was. He was too different. Too different to be her Kyle. But he was.

With a small sigh, she sniffled for the last time, wiping her face. "Your hair..." She said, "It's long"

Kyle could see why she said it. It was a major difference about himself. Sure, all teens grew their hair, but not as his did, not in 6 years. His mother, father, grandparents didn't have much hair. He didn't either. He didn't have hair that you could grab or pull or ever take between two fingers when he was young, 6 years ago, 14 years old. It was never because he cut it, it was just because he didn't come from a family of hair. That all changed when he became a wolf and his hair grew undeniably fast, longer. So many times, he cut it.

Diante as well, but his stopped growing months ago.

"And Diante... your brother" She also pointed out.

She never knew he had one. It was for good reason. Diante was already a wolf when they were young, no one other than his family knew him of course, but he didn't want to be spoken about to anyone outside. Kyle didn't know why at the time but becoming a wolf he understood why.

Kyle didn't say anything though. He couldn't say his hair grew unusually because he became a wolf. He couldn't say he never spoke about his brother because it was dangerous too. Because he was also a wolf.

She seemed to grow frustrated with his silence and he heard her chair scrape hard against the floor and a second later her hands gripped his face, forcing him to look at her and he wished he didn't. If her hands weren't on him as they were, if her touch didn't calm him, he would have shifted no doubt or at least been in pain of holding it back. Because the look in her eyes made him hurt so much, he wanted to hurt himself for hurting her.

So, his eyes forced their way down.

She knew it was familiar when she saw Diante's eyes. Because Kyle had his eyes. Like their father's eyes. Though he did not hold what they did when they were younger. The love and adoration, it held darkness, a small glimmer of light and buried secrets underneath. She didn't know who this person was.

She laid her thumbs over his cheeks, feeling how hot they were. "Kyle, are you okay? You're burning up"

And with a gasp from her lips, Kyle gripped her wrists, pulling them away. Then he dropped them. He also couldn't explain his change of body temperature. It also had to do with becoming a wolf. They tended to stay at high temperatures, he didn't know why, he never questioned it.

"Why did you leave?" She whispered.