Chapter 30 Safe, for now

"Hey you!" Marcos yelled at the male nurse. He was the first in sight. He sped walk to the man.

"What happened?" He questioned. He gestured to the others to bring a bed and he flashed a light in Jordan's eyes, checking each.

"An infection. Her arm" He responded with haste and the man took a look. The scroll bed came around and Marcos set her down with the people's help.

"Calm down. She'll be completely fine" A female nurse came by, saying. However, they had no idea how calm he couldn't be especially with his emotions being heightened.

She seemed fine at first, but her arm looked as if it were completely dead.

He watched them roll her away and his heart thumped hard against his chest as if it were trying to escape. It thumped for her. He needed to be close to her once more.

-

Diante laid Kyle's body down. Still, he hadn't awakened, nor said a word or made a movement. He sighed as he pulled him to the lake as Casey did Jordan before.

They needed to get rid of their scent long enough for the Alpha's to not find their trail. It was hard to mask a werewolf's scent, it was too strong.

He heard bushes and his head snapped up with a growl before his eyes softened, seeing Casey appear. Christan came behind her.

"Where is Marcos?" He questioned, concerned. He may have not known him, but they all became a small little family.

"He's going to meet us later. He took Jordan to the hospital" He responded and Diante nodded. He looked down at Kyle hoping anything would stir hearing her name, but he didn't. Still his limbs were immobile.

"We need to go now before they find our trail." Christian stated.

Casey giggled. " Yeah, if they ever get their tongues out of each other's mouths"

She only kept giggling, but Christan and Diante both shook their heads with disgusted groans. They did not like the visuals.

" Help me" Diante demanded, wanting her to stop giggling.

Laurent pulled away from Charles lips softly and his breath blessed Charles lips as both their eyes opened to stare at one another

Laurent pulled away from Charles lips softly and his breath blessed Charles lips as both their eyes opened to stare at one another. Shock written over their faces.

"You... you ki-"

"I did," Laurent smiled.

"Why?" He questioned. Had he stabbed him it would be much better than kissing him. He felt his entire body submit. He couldn't lift a hand to harm if he wanted to. Disadvantages of having a mate you were solely tied to.

Laurent rolled his eyes. "I love you" He answered.

Charles searched his eyes. Surely after what he's done, it had to be a lie. He wondered where the dagger was, maybe he had hidden behind his back and would stab him. Only he couldn't bring himself to look or to defend. He didn't want to ruin this moment. Ruin an intense, perfect moment.