Chapter 22 A fool to Disobey

A loud repeated thumping sound caused Jordan to jolt from her sleep.

Her eyes ran over the room, getting a sense of things before the thumping brought her back to the reason she woke up. Groaning, she threw her blanket off, angry that this was the second time someone banged on her door, awaking her from her sleep.

Except this time, it was worse because she was dreaming about Kyle. She wanted to stay in that dream.

At least she knew where he was in it.

Opening the door with a huff, she folded her arms. "Yes?" She said with an attitude until she looked at the figure and her breath caught in her throat.

The man was huge, very tall. He seemed like another Diante, only much bigger. He was the type of dudes she hated, because they intimidated her to the core. He looked in his early thirties with brown eyes that displayed cruelty and sin. She felt unease staring at this man with a grin on his face that seemed forced and an attempt of politeness.

Clearing her throat, she stood straight. She didn't know why she wanted to seem like he didn't intimidate her, he didn't know her. She didn't know him. Which brought her to question; why was he at her door?

"I'm sorry for disturbing your home" he said, and his deep tone sent dangerous sensations throughout her body. She felt a slight guilt that she judged the guy so easily just by looks. But how could she not? His hands looked like they were great at strangling a man to death.

"I was visiting some friends, but it seems he isn't here. You live across from them, so I was wondering have you seen Diante or Kyle by any chance?"

Her eyes brightened at the mention of Kyle and Diante. She internally breathed in relief but on the outside, she let out the breath she was holding. Of course, Diante knew someone like him. He's probably a meat head too, she thought.

Realizing he asked a question, she straightened up.

"Well... something happened a few days ago. I'm not sure where either of them are" she said and her eyes dimmed, only saying this out loud was worse. That she didn't know where they were.

The huge man shifted, pursing his lips together before he asked, " What happened?"

She looked off, rubbing her arms. Still, she felt weird around the stranger. "A wolf attack. I'm not sure where Diante was at the time but Kyle... Kyle was with me and-" She lowered her eyes, the water beginning to surface.

The man noticed as well and he down casted his eyes as well for her privacy. "I haven't seen him since," She sighed.

He could feel her heartache. She missed him.

"That worries you" He responded, and she nodded, wiping her eyes before the tear fell. Weird she was just dreaming about him. Being happy and now she was crying about him.

Again.

"I'm more than sure he's okay" The man said, and Jordan lifted her eyes the same time he did, staring back into one another. She saw the imperceptible tug of his lips like he wanted to smirk but didn't. The sly glint in his eyes flicker. He knew something.

"Well, your confidence is shocking. Kyle can't fight off those wolves." She folded her arms and he chuckled, but she scowled slowly. It wasn't funny to her.

"I've known Kyle for 6 years, young lady. I'm sure he's okay"

"6 years?" She took a step towards him with narrowed eyes and his eyes drifted down to her feet at the movement.

"Who are you?" She questioned, suspicion in her voice.

"I suppose his caregiver in a sense. Well thank you for your assistance." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a white card and held it out to her. Staring at it, she took it.