Chapter 15 Unawarely His

Kyle, smiling brightly, closed the door softly and turned around to halt seeing Diante sitting on the couch, staring at the Tv that wasn't on. Which only meant he was waiting for him.

"Where have you been?" He asked and Kyle debated on ignoring him or making a lie. Considering he wasn't an expert in lying, he chose to ignore as he walked towards his room.

"You smell like you took a bath in the lake" Diante commented and yet again Kyle ignored him because that's exactly what he did. The lake was the only thing that could wash off Jordan's scent, not even soap could do it.

Earlier he snuck out the house which is why Diante was waiting for him. He couldn't help it, Jordan asked him out for Coffee, and he couldn't decline. It's not like he wouldn't see her later on, but it was hard not seeing her anymore after their relationship mended back together, not that it was ever broken, maybe fractured.

He closed the door, locking it and laid the back of his head against it, closing his eyes.

"Uh duh! How can't I forget that? I literally got a lecture that day!" She'd giggle and smack his arm. She didn't realize how the small action would brighten his day even more. She was already the cause of his light, not the sun or the lights in the room, just her, her smile and eyes.

Her laughs...

"To think we were good children." He'd chuckle, shaking his head as he took a sip of his coffee. It had gotten warm since he waited so long, making conversation with her. However, it didn't matter the temperature.

"Remember the sleep overs?" She sighed, smiling softly and grabbing his hand. She opened it up, laying hers flat against it. He wondered which sleep over she was thinking about. They had so many, but it seemed one in particular was on her mind.

He didn't ask her, she didn't say. Afterwards he gave her a long hug on their leave. He didn't want to let go, but he did, and they agreed to meet later with the rest, Jasmine and Marcos.

 He didn't want to let go, but he did, and they agreed to meet later with the rest, Jasmine and Marcos

Jordan giggled at something Jasmine said. Of course, it was nonsense though. Jordan looked at the couple observing the garden with smiles, that was a good sign they may buy.

She leaned against the wall, adjusting the phone in her hand. "How was coffee with Mr. Kyle Dawson?" Jasmine teased and Jordan rolled her eyes, biting her lip.

"Well look at you. Work attire? Gorgeous" he'd said before they walked into each other's arms. His strong arms around her. He was unusually warm as usual, and he smelled good. Though he had this natural scent of nature. Of trees and dirt and she knew because she loved nature, at least when she practiced archery when she was younger.

Her legs lifted and he swung her side to side making them both laugh until he set her down and instantly his hand went to thread in hers, grinning a boyish like grin.

Jordan's eyes dazed, stuck in her thoughts. It didn't feel platonic when she hugged Kyle. Neither did it feel inappropriate or made her feel uncomfortable, the opposite. She loved it. She loved his grins and his strong arms. His eyes when he looked at her. He looked at her like his best friend, but there was always the gem that said much more.