Chapter 31 Mending Pieces

Jordan stared at the blue ceiling weirdly. Before she was sure the ceiling was white. All hospital rooms were painted white was it not?

She sniffed the air as if she were an animal. It definitely didn't smell like a hospital. It smelled strongly like nature. Animal-like, clean but like pine.

She knew the smell anywhere.

Kyle.

He always smelled like nature. Also the animal-like smell of the dog was more evidence that she was in his room or at least not his room, but a room he normally slept in considering his scent lingered around so strongly.

She heard a soft snore and she turned only to smile. There Marcos were, slumped in a chair, peacefully sleeping. He looked tired. She decided not to wake him, he probably stayed up all day night watching her, protecting her from another potential wolf attack.

She pulled the blanket back and saw the bareness of her legs and thighs only to see she had a change of clothing. She wasn't in a torn sweater anymore with shorts, but a long , big black shirt. She got the feeling they loved seeing her in their clothes. The thought made her roll her eyes, amused.

She winced as she pulled her right arm up, seeing the cast on it. Plain it was, she wanted at least to have a writing on it like she'd seen other people's. It was very tight, she hated it.

She huffed, stepping out the bed quietly knowing any small sound and Marcos would awaken. They had very sensitive ears, hearing small things so loudly.

Stepping out the door, her mouth watered at the smell of bacon. Crispy, tasty bacon and she greatly wanted some. Hospital food was horrible.

Slowly, she walked downstairs, not knowing who to expect but she barely made it down before she heard, "Good Morning"

She turned the corner and a shirtless male was standing in front of the stove, flipping bacon. His hair, he had so much. It was in a man bun, but it fit his face perfectly.

A wolf she knew, had to be with his physique besides he screamed animalistic desires.

She wondered if all wolves were as fit. She remembered the first time seeing Kyle's chest and suddenly no one else's body seemed even close to how gorgeous he was. Maybe it had more to do with the fact she was in love with him than any. The undesirous feeling to look at another person as she would Kyle.

He twisted the knob and the fire went down, being turned off. Then finally he turned his head and her heart skipped a beat. She didn't look at him as if he were a god, of course not. But she could admit he was gorgeous. Gorgeous for someone else, but it was something she couldn't not notice.

She had never seen brown eyes so beautiful. He hadn't needed the sun to shine on them, they were perfect for his skin tone.

He had to have been no more than 25 by his growing stubble. Her eyes found the simple black thread around his neck, a ring being held by it. Silver with what seemed like a blue amulet inside. She wondered what it stood for.

Now did she only realize he was staring at her as if she were an experiment and she shifted, clearing her throat. His gaze lifted to her face, in arch in his eyebrow. "I'm sorry. Who are you?" She questioned.

"Christan" He said, turning around and opening the cabinet to grab plates. "A friend of Diante's, Kyle's I'm not sure." He shrugged.

She folded her arms, remembering something about a Christian. It only clicked when he turned away from her and she saw the crescent tattoo on his back. Weirdly, she saw the same tattoo on Marcos back before. She questioned him about it during their time of history, but he only gave a lame excuse for the reasoning.