Chapter 29 A Mate Reunion?

All of their heads snapped up as they heard Kyle's yell, like death it sounded.

Diante eyebrows furrowed as he laid his hand over his abdomen, squeezing it. A sharp pain he felt, and his eyes filled with horror.

"Silver"

"Diante go. Go now" Jordan urged. She seemed much better now being warmed up. She stood back as Diante stood in line with the other two.

"On three," Jordan said.

Diante's heart pounded knowing his brother was dying quickly. He needed to get to him.

"Three" And they all ran, shifting into the air before they smashed into the plastic, breaking into pieces. Jordan ducked as the pieces began to fly, every shard heard as they hit the ground.

Kyle laid on his back with quick breaths and coughs. He reached for the dagger only for his hand to be kicked away by Laurent and he growled out.

"Did you really think I would challenge you without a plan B?" He questioned with a smirk.

"You're... A coward" Kyle breathed out.

Laurent shrugged. "Maybe so or maybe I'm very smart. Only a fool goes into battle blindly."

He snatched the dagger out causing Kyle to yell. He slid it over his sleeve, wiping the blood off and he crouched down, lifting Kyle's head. He raised his sleeve and bit himself with his canines and Kyle turned away knowing what he was about to do. However, Laurent took advantage of his weakness and pressed his wrist to his mouth, anyway, holding his head back.

The initiation he was doing.

Each wolf took a drop of the Alpha's blood as if bonding themselves to him. "You put up a good fight Kyle" he said, wiping his arm off, seeing the blood smeared on Kyle's lip. Kyle wanted to vomit, the metallic taste not one of tastiness.

"If only you took my offer, you would still be here with your mate and now she's going to be devastated because you chose death" He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small book.

The words to the initiation.

Kyle's eyes closed as he forced himself to think of Jordan. So, sick the last he saw her, minutes ago.

Her eyes stared into his eyes with hope. False hope now. He wished he could tell her the three words once more. To tell her she meant the world to him. That he tried to fight for her. He tried so hard. To apologize for ever pushing her away and not spending as much time with her as he could. To apologize for the 6 years of her life he missed. So many things, meaningful words he needed to tell her, but as the silver melted into his body, he wouldn't be able to.

Death would be knocking at his door soon.

His breath shook as tears fell down the side of his face. The sizzling of his body from the inside and out were a pain one could not bear. Like hot lava pouring down his throat.

"We gather here today for pack initiation of Kyle Colton as Omega wolf of Dark Woods"

Kyle grunted as his claws extended. He could not allow Laurent to make him a pack member. To kill him and take his power. To be unstoppable to the next Alpha. He would kill Jordan and make his brother a slave under his command. He couldn't allow it.

"I, Alpha Laurent Nilson, give you one drop of my blood for your bond is mine to command."

Kyle's hand traveled down to his stomach with struggle. Then he sunk his claws into his body with a slight yell. Alpha didn't pay attention; he was too wrapped up in his eagerness to gain such power.