Chapter 11 Secrets & Lies

Some would argue the truth is better off hidden. That it could hurt more than it could help. Some people go through hell and back to keep the truth hidden.

Diante was one of those people. He learned to keep the truth hidden since Kyle became a werewolf. He kept many secrets from his Alpha. Every shift Kyle completed, he didn't know what happens in those shifts, what he's done. Until Diante would figure it out. Kyle only scared a few humans, but he never turned or killed them which told Diante he had some kind of control, he just didn't know it.

He never told his Alpha any of it. He would have Kyle's head. Sometimes, a human would be so hurt, Diante wouldn't even tell Kyle what he did. Kyle wouldn't be able to bear it. It would only make him hate himself even more. It would be harder than it is to help him accept his wolf, accept this life. He would never gain control.

He wasn't sure if he wanted to find out about this incident. Figure out what happened. He wasn't sure if he wanted to reveal the truth, yet he was standing behind the gas station, staring at the huge dent in the rusty, green dumpster.

It had to be a wolf, he thought.

Even if a wolf had thrown a man, he wouldn't make a huge dent like that. He had to weigh more than 250lbs for that. Then the thought of how a wolf could accidentally throw their whole body into a dumpster.

He'd tried to use his nose, smells to sense on anything, on Kyle to prove if he were there, but he couldn't smell anything over the blood. Even as it was dried in the concrete, it was hard to ignore some smells when his nose was extremely sensitive.

He sighed, his eyes traveling the trail of blood no doubt from the man who got away. He wasn't far off from the dumpster. The wolf would have allowed him to get up only because it knew it wouldn't have made a difference. It would still be able to catch the limping man. Some reason it didn't, that's what threw Diante off. That the man survived a werewolf attack.

-

Kyle sat with his eyes closed. His body burned, inside and out from previously being injected by wolfsbane. Something he's gotten used to, never having to do it himself though.

Usually, he was injected to stop a shift. Wolfsbane did much more than weaken them. It helped them with lost memories. They were more prone to remembering things when their mind was vulnerable, in a weak state. Like every other shift, he couldn't remember anything. He never understood why he couldn't remember anything when he shifted. Maybe it was because he was so angry that he blacked out in seconds and his wolf took over.

His heart began to thump rapidly, the change of his body beginning. He looked for Jordan's voice to help him stay at ease. He didn't want to go unconscious like every other time. He needed to stay awake. As everything darkened around him, a scene came into view.

"Kyle, calm down. If you don't, you will shift, and I will be forced to attack you. I can hurt you and I don't want to" he'd said, only Kyle didn't care about the words escaping his brother's mouth.

His body was heated, his eyes like heat sensors, and Diante was the target.

He circled Diante with a plan ahead. No, he didn't want to waste time on fighting him. It got him nowhere. He wanted to go somewhere, anywhere but the house that threatened to confine him for life, his brother that threatened to hold him hostage till he learned control, something he knew he was never going to learn.

And as he leapt for the door, Diante moved, expecting and he threw himself out the door and he landed not with two feet, but four paws and then everything blackened.