Chapter 20 Thinking about you

"This is Bloody ridiculous!" The Alpha yelled, throwing the newspaper down.

Alpha Laurent, Diante's Alpha.

He sat back in his chair, rubbing his forehead. Diante hadn't reported back to him, and he could see why.

The newspaper wrote all about the killings of what they claimed were animal attacks, furthermore wolf attacks. His first thought was Diante picking off the Alpha's pack members to weaken him. It was a good plan, he thought. Then he knew Diante wouldn't be so careless and leave the bodies out to be found and investigated.

It led to his paranoia of Kyle once more. Kyle, he didn't like. Never in control. He thought it was Kyle doing the killings. He wasn't a pack member, but he was a threat to Diante's exposure, therefore a threat to his exposure and his entire pack. The Alpha knew he only looked for reasons to kill Kyle because of this. Him and Diante made a deal, so he decided to give him a few more hours to report to him and explain.

 Him and Diante made a deal, so he decided to give him a few more hours to report to him and explain

Jordan's eyes fluttered open, feeling like she was being moved or moving. In a bumpy way but she felt very toasty and warm. Whatever she was against, she was thankful for it. Her eyes opened and she saw an arm and she realized she wasn't on the ground but in someone's hold.

When she looked up, she saw a strong jaw and as if the person knew she was awake, they looked down.

Marcos.

His face was covered with specs of red blood she knew. She put her hand on his arm and he took it as a sign, to set her down and she realized he was shirtless though the sight did nothing. She'd seen it before. She looked at her hands and noticed the sunlight.

It was daytime, a new day.

"Marcos how did you- where did you..."

"Wolves. It's over the news. Another attack" he said softly. " I was uh...on my way to your house but you didn't answer your phone. I heard you scream" He explained.

Everything began to make sense. It all began rushing back to her. " I think...I think the wolf saved me" She breathed out.

He did, he wanted to say. But it came with consequences. "I had enough time to get you out of there. You passed out."

She put her hand on his chest, her eyes showing fear.

"Kyle? Where is Kyle?!" She panicked.

He grabbed her hand, holding it there. It felt good.

"He wasn't with you"

Her eyes softened as she stared at him. He risked his life for her. "Are you okay?" She sighed and he looked away.

The memory of killing his own pack members. The ones he called his brothers and sisters, his family. He killed them, for her. "Let's get you home. I'm sure Jonathan is worried sick"