Chapter 27 A Wolf Trap

Diante gazed down at Jordan, who had groaned, with worry as he saw her neck glistening with sweat. His eyes traveled to her arm, and he had to control himself otherwise he would have smashed her, causing her much more harm. Her arm began to turn a bluish color, it was barely there, but he knew it would get greater.

He wanted to brush his hand against her face and tell her he had her. That he would get her help and get her Kyle. That he would protect her as a brother would. He tore his eyes from her frail condition, and he scowled at Casey for doing this to her.

"I should've known" He sighed, and Casey turned around, staring at him with question.

Amateur, he thought. She was an amateur who didn't think thoroughly.

"It was a trap. He knew you were lying to him. He knew you wouldn't betray us" He explained, and Casey wondered why he had sounded furious with her for not knowing this. How could she?

"How do you know that?" She folded her arms, offended. He had looked at her like an annoying ex. As if she were gullible and naive to men's tricks and plays. Especially the Alpha and she were, but she disliked him showing that.

"Because Kyle is in there looking for Jordan while we're out here being guarded by them" He gestured to the wolves in the trees.

His eyes flickered, a sense of relief washing over him, but Casey hadn't felt it and only frowned. "I didn't just trap Kyle. I trapped all of us"

Diante raised his head, speaking confidently and loudly. "Not all of us" he said with a smirk and seconds later, two gray wolves jumped out from the bushes.

Marcos and Christan.

Seeing the chaos around, he groaned, the need to get Jordan safe but also fight. Instead, Casey shifted in front of him and pounded on the wolf.

Go! He heard her voice shouting through his head.

He turned around and held Jordan close before he took off into a sprint.

"Where are you?!" Kyle yelled, slamming his fist into a glass window, searching for the Alpha.

"Come out you weak Alpha!" He taunted and he was sent flying into the air, the crash to the opposite wall making him grunt as he fell to the floor.

"Well. I do know how to make an entrance" He heard Alpha Laurent's voice and he lifted his head with a low, deep growl that rumbled from his chest.

"Where is she?" He asked with distaste and cruelty as he stood up, rolling his shoulders to relieve them.

Alpha Laurent merely shrugged. "I Dunno...I have no clue" he said with a shrug.

"Bullshit" Kyle snarled.

Diante, in a hurry, laid Jordan, who was moaning in pain on the ground. He felt her head and cursed seeing she was still burning. "Jordan?" He brushed his thumb against her cheek. He saw her eyelids fluttering and he smiled. It was good enough.

With a growl, a wolf had attacked him from behind, jumping on his back. It didn't take long to dissemble the wolf with his bare hands, but only his shoulders were gripped, and he was flung hard. He landed face first, on his stomach as he coughed on the leaves.

He hated that they were strong enough to do that.

He didn't take long to get up and rush to Jordan's side once more to protect her, guard her. He looked where he'd left her, but she was not there anymore, and he grew into a panic until he heard loud and rapid footsteps. Kicking his attacker down, he ran after her and soon his paws replaced his two feet.