Chapter 24 Rely on you

Jordan stared at Kyle as he slept, his chest rising and falling at every breath. She never saw him asleep before. He seemed so at peace. She never realized how tense he used to be when he was beginning to be around her before he got comfortable.

Staring at him, she smiled, brushing his hair against his forehead. The beautiful man she fell in love with. She adored the glowing skin of his face. His color returned so quickly after the pale skin from being shot.

She frowned as she swiped her thumb against the softness of his cheek. She traveled her hand down, over the left of his chest where the bullet had penetrated him. Now there was a patch over it. After he passed out, Diante put it on him. They weren't sure he was strong enough to heal himself at the time.

He is a werewolf, she internally said to herself.

Somehow it didn't seem surreal. She always felt something was different about him since they've interacted for the first time. She had never expected this though, she couldn't feel afraid.

Her eyes flickered to the movement of his head. He had turned it the opposite way and her eyes squinted, seeing his eyelids flutter repeatedly. As if he were in a nightmare.

He, more beast than man, growled at the 5'4 goddess of beauty that stood before him. Her tantalizing scent consumed him with thoughts she would have developed an addiction to become reality. Her eyes, they were wide and fearful, and yet held courage all at once.

Jordan, strong she was.

That's what he loved about her.

Almost as if he were being shoved forward, he couldn't contain himself. Couldn't contain the want to touch her. He had to. And he jumped.

Then everything went blank. Not because his wolf had taken over, but because he didn't want to see what he had done to her. What he thought he did to her.

Still, he didn't understand. He knew that he wanted her and craved her, but he didn't understand why would he, more wolf than man, attempt to jump at her? He didn't remember why. Considering he got shot, maybe it was because he was protecting her right?

He wasn't sure if he knew the man was there, if he sensed it. Did he want to harm her? His mind couldn't bear the thought.

Feeling something soft brush against his forehead, he felt the unique tingling sensations throughout his body. They were only unique because only one person awakened them.

Jordan.

Wanting to see her face, his eyelids lifted as her face came into view and a second, a breath of relief heard. It made him want to smile but frown had he worried her all this time. His eyes fixated on her face, he wanted to reach out to her. Kiss her deeply.

Then the thought passed through his mind swiftly. She saw him. She knew.

His eyes widened as he tried to sit up, but she shushed him, her hand on the right of his chest, gently pushing him back down into the cloud of pillows.

"I-Jordan..."

He couldn't find the words to explain, and he didn't have to. She leaned forward, her eyes closing as her lips touched his softly that it was barely a touch. He wanted more.

He stared at her and brought his hand up, cupping her face before he sat up slowly, her hair falling over his hand as their lips connected once more. A feeling of liberation washed over him as her hand cradled the back of his neck tenderly, melting in his kiss as he was burning.

Liberated from the suffering of physical pain. Liberated from mental suffering of not having her with him. Liberated him from giving up as he once did.

She began to pull away and greatly he wanted to growl and pull her back, but he couldn't. Afraid of her reaction, he let her pull away, but she only cupped his face with both hands. Her eyes penetrated his soul, and he looked for anger, disappointment, but it was love. No judgment, love filled within her eyes.