Chapter 12 What A Thought

Jordan walked over, taking the iPad from Jonathan as they both huffed, staring at their siblings.

She decided the day she felt she was almost mauled by a wolf, that she didn't want Jonathan living anywhere else but with her. She felt safer knowing exactly where he was after school.

They wanted to have the talk with their siblings about their parents' leave, but they've been procrastinating, stalling, distracting themselves from doing it.

Jonathan with games on his iPad and Jordan with thoughts about Kyle. Yesterday she drove to his house to tell him the news, but instead she was greeted by Casey who said he was asleep.

She had given her the number to give to Kyle and she's been waiting on his call ever since, even a text would suffice.

Jordan put her hands on the table saying, "So..."

Marcus and Myra only waited impatiently after being pulled from their favorite movie. It was hard to stare into her younger siblings' eyes and give them bad news. News no one should be told.

"You're going to be staying with me for a while longer" She led.

"How come?" Marcus asked, laying his face in his hand, his elbow propped up on the table.

That was the question she was afraid they'd ask. Her lips parted, but nothing came out. The answer got stuck in her throat. Why did she have to be a barrier of bad news? How could she say their parents abandoned them?

"Mom and Dad are on a trip. You know how sick Dad is and they went to a very expensive hospital across the state. He needs help and until he gets better, they will stay there, and we'll stay here." Jonathan interfered, with what Jordan thought, a well thought out lie.

Kyle stared at the ground, the faded dark red color of blood on the concrete

Kyle stared at the ground, the faded dark red color of blood on the concrete. When Diante said he couldn't smell anything but blood, Kyle didn't realize how right he was. He definitely wasn't exaggerating. It burned his nose, churned his stomach.

He followed the blood up to the dumpster that he would have thought the city would get rid of, but it's not like the dumpster was for show. He stepped closer to it, attempting to measure the dent. It was too large. Something extremely heavy had to be against it. He didn't remember waking up with back pain though, then again, he didn't feel anything, not remembering anything.

Kyle closed his eyes as he took a deep breath, laying his hand against it.

Instantly it seemed like a white cloud zooming past quickly with the loudness of hitting the dumpster and a brown wolf being thrown against it.

The loudness rang through his ears, scaring Kyle and he fell back with quick breaths. He tried to close his eyes and focus, but his heart thumping hard and quick breaths wouldn't allow him to. He couldn't see anything anymore.

He huffed as he heard footsteps and stood up, dusting his pants saying, "Leave me alone"

He turned around and saw Casey whose arms were folded. "May I remind you I'm technically your protector and shadow" She shrugged, but he walked past her, ignoring her. Weirdly for not knowing someone, he definitely hated her.