29. Lighter

Jungkook has been in a daze all day long. He doesn't feel devastated anymore. He feels numb. Void of any emotion and sensation but not necessarily in a bad way. It feels like he is floating on a cloud or trapped in a sterile sphere filtering anything from the external world. He is motionless and his mind his blank. Isn't he supposed to be suffering right now? Why is he feeling so light?

"How are you feeling Jungkook?" Akemi whispers carefully as he enters the room and looks at a spaced out Jungkook.

The said one just hums quietly as a means to say that he is alright. Akemi sits next to Jungkook who's still lying on the big comfortable bed. Him and his mother have been taking care of the younger, feeding him naturally medicinal food, applying Aiko's special cream on his stomach and torso. It made Jungkook feel a lot better. They also talked to him, although he was barely responsive. Aiko even intoned some prayers for him.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Please Suri. Youve been spending too many sleepless nights. This can't keep going." Jiho sighs as he watches his wife trying to track Jungkook's phone in vain.

"Jiho... Please. Don't act like you wouldn't act the same if YOUR son was nowhere to be fucking found."

"Hey. What are you implying now? Jungkook is my son as much as Namjoon is! How are you even making a distinction?" He argues in frustration.

"Dad. You know that she's not in her right state of mind. Please. Don't argue. We really don't need that." Namjoon says as he and Seokjin walk through the front door.

Jiho just sighs and leaves the room to go into the kitchen and prepare himself a well-needed coffee.

"We bumped into the mailman on the way here." Namjoon informs Suri who's eyes barely leave the screen in front of her.

"Hmm. Drop that on the table." She says flatly.

"I thought you might want to know that one of these letters is from Jungkook himself."

Time Freeze.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.