16. Supermarket

⚠️ Homophobic slur.

.
.
.

The three of them are in front of the supermarket.

"Remember the rules? Listen to me, don't scream, don't run in the supermarket, always stay in my eyesight and finally if you want something ask me. Don't steal. Stealing is very bad." Jungkook lectures.

"No shit captain obvious." Nayeon grumbles.

Jungkook looks at her wordlessly and so does Taemin.

"Drop that attitude sweetie. Otherwise, the only 'mall' you'll be going to is your own messy bedroom." Jungkook says before walking away to take a cart.

"Anna Oop-" Taemin says earning a slap.

"Hey!" He whines holding his cheek.

"Okay let's go kids. So I made a list. We'll be taking healthy food for the most okay?" Jungkook explains.

"No candies?" Taemin asks.

"Nope!"

"No chips?" Nayeon adds.

"Nope!"

"No chocolate bars?" Taemin tries.

"Nope!"

"Man that sucks." Says Nayeon.

"Yeah I agree." Taemin crosses his arms.

Jungkook feels bad for turning them down so he gives in.

"Fine but only one snack for each, nothing more. I don't want your father to scold me."

"Yaay!!" The kids say as they run away to find their favourite snacks.

"Hey! Where are you going? What did I tell you?" He tries to say but to no avail.

The children are already far away. He sighs and speed walks all around the enormous supermarket. There are a lot of people whatsoever. What if some pedo kidnapped his step children?

After ten minutes, Jungkook still hasn't found them and he is starting to panic. Tears fall automatically and his breath is getting heavier and heavier. The fact that none of the people whom he questioned have seen the kids makes him want to pull his hair off his scalp.

"Please help me!" He sobs.

"Are you right sir?" An employee asks.

"I-I my children-"

"Okay please calm down and breath." Jungkook does as told.

"I-I'm looking for my step children."

"Okay what do they look like?"

Jungkook describes them.

"Okay follow me sir."

Jungkook hopelessly follows the worker while wiping his tears away. The staff member turns a mic on and proceed to speak.

"Kim Taemin and his sister Kim Nayeon are wanted at the reception. I repeat Kim Taemin and his sister Kim Nayeon are wanted at the reception. Their stepfather Jungkook is waiting for them."

After ten more minutes of agony, Jungkook sees the two little rascals. He sighs in relief and thoroughly thanks the employee before running to his step children.

"You're grounded. And I'm not buying your snacks. And now you stick to me and you don't move a-and I don't wanna hear you." He says still very shaken.

Tamin nods with guilt but Nayeon scowls.

Halfway through the fruits and vegetables department, Nayeon suddenly starts throwing a tantrum.

"But I WANT my chips!" She yells as she balls her fists.