14. Nothing Happened

Jungkook feels an unbearable emotion inside him. He closes his eyes and tries to settle down but that won't do.

"Kids. Get out of this room." He says with a low voice.

"No! We-"

"I said get out of here or else I'll call Daddy!" He repeats himself, his face heating out of frustration.

Nayeon and Taemin flinch. Taemin, who's too scared to be in trouble, opens the door.

"I am sorry Jungkookie hyung." He says, genuinely sad about upsetting his stepfather.

After all he wanted to eat these cupcakes. He also wants to cry on his Jungkookie hyung so he can be comforted by him right now. Because he does feel really sad. But he can't. He doesn't want his Mommy to be sad too because of him.

Jungkook looks at the little boy crying and he senses that something is wrong.
Nayeon hugs her little brother and scowls at Jungkook.

"That is your fault. You're a monster. He was sad because he was thinking of Mommy!" She yells.

"Nayeon why did you do that?" Jungkook asks calmly referring to the cupcakes and hot chocolate.

"Because I hate you."

Jungkook is taken aback.

"B-but I thought-"

"You were wrong. I hate you I want my Mommy back! I WANT MY MOMMY BACK!!" She yells as she throws herself on the ground.

"YOU ARE TRYING TO REPLACE HER. AND YOU WANT TO TAKE DADDY FROM US! YOU WILL NEVER REPLACE HER. DADDY WILL NEVER LOVE YOU MORE THAN US! I WANT YOU DEAD INSTEAD OF MOMMY!" She wails.

Jungkook is very hurt by her words even though she's just a hurt child. However this is not the most important to him right now. She cut her skin with broken glass when she collapsed on her knees.

"Please calm down Nayeon. Let me take care of your wound first. You're hurt." He says with a soft shaky voice.

"DON'T TOUCH ME! IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT!! YOU-" She stops abruptly when she sees blood running down her leg.

She lets out a blood-curdling scream and faints. Jungkook hurries and scoops her before she falls on glass shards. He ignores the sharp pain caused by his bare feet touching the said shards and being cut by it.

"Taemin please get away from here and stay calm." Jungkook says weakly.

The young boy nods wordlessly and does as he was told. Jungkook limps towards Nayeon's bed and lays her down. He then goes into the bathroom to take the first aid kit.

"I'm sorry you feel that way it is not my intention." He says sadly while treating his step daughter's wound and bandaging her leg.

He closes the door of Nayeon's room then he cleans all the mess on the floor and scrubs the white walls clean. On the floor there is a mixture of his blood, Nayeon's, chocolate and tears. He feels sick. Sick to the stomach and so sad. He didn't except that to happen at all. That proves just how naive he is. He laughs bitterly at himself. Pathetic. After an hour, he is done cleaning everything. He treats his hurt feet then he limps to the kitchen to start preparing dinner with a blank stare.

"J-Jungkookie hyung..?" Taemin calls with fear.

"Ne?" Jungkook answers his back still facing the little boy.

"I am sorry..."

"What are you talking about?"

"For what happened earlier... For my sister... For everything."